• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire Not Performing Correctly! Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jake7

Hi,

I've recently setup an R9 390x crossfire and seem to be having some issues! I have these 2 GPU-Z images, both cards are running at the same, correct clock speeds but the GPU load isn't consistent, any idea's why this is? My CPU isn't throttling, Vsync is disabled and the fps is not maxed out on the game (Dying Light). The performance isn't much of an improvement upon 1 card due to the loads not being a consistent 99%. Any help would be highly appreciated! Can't think what more it could be!

GPU 1 (1920x1080 monitor plugged into this one)

d1049c725e776251e86cf88444a4ccbb.png

GPU2

149b2edbd2851a3fad00e4b5b16b7e56.png

Thank you!

you have one card as lazy as me!!!
reinstall the driver using diplay driver uninstaller and then reinstall the driver.

2 290x at 1080p? Overkill of monumental porportions.. yikes! A single 290x pounds through 1080p!

System specs please....

That said in order to drive those cards properly you will need to overclock whatever processor you have... if you have an amd cpu you have a glass ceiling compared to intel as well.

haha, wanted to get myself through the next few years on uber hd graphics!
Specs:
I7 4770k @3.5Ghz
8GB RAM (maybe I need more? although it never gets past 70% usage)
1000w corsair PSU
MSI Z87 G43 which on further inspection may be the issue due to the PCI express ports.

The image below is the card settings, the left one is my second GPU and is running on a x4 port. I didn't think that it was an issue with AMD? (which is the reason I went for AMD...) Thanks for the help!

ports 2.PNG

thanks for the link, the images I sent is what it would be at with full load (I just tested it before the I took the image). However when running the GPU-Z simulation the GPU loads are a bit more stable, I'm not sure why it suffers so much while gaming though...Farcry 4 is literally unplayable while in crossfire mode :(

gunna have to, it's weird, running the GPU-Z simulation (not in fullscreen) on the 16x port card gives me about 300 fps but running it on the 4x port card only gives me about 60 fps! I had no idea a 4x 2.0 port killed it that much! :O

Back