• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting post/boot issue, Sabertooth 990fx R2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NZKshatriya

DMCA Violated Member
Well, that was.....

Ok, I restarted the system, and it hung on boot.

Shut it down, and it hung on the pres del or f2 to enter bios page.
*scratches head*
hit reset
hung where it should have passed off to the boot loader.
reset.
rinse repeat a few times. All the while was trying to use the DirectBIOS button on the board.
Decide to shut down, unplug PSU, let capacitors drain, switch it off, unplug. Plug back on, switch on, push power button, and POOF, boots into BIOS.

Checked all settings in BIOS, nothing was outta whack, boot override into windows drive just to be safe, and it takes it.

And now I am here.
And still confused.

This is actually the second time the system has done this, last time had to do the same shenanigans with the PSU: unplug, drain power, switch off, plug back in, switch on, boot fine.

Want it to be a PSU issue, but logic tells me otherwise. Too weird, months between occurrences, etc.

Could have been a number of things. :shrug:

PSU choice is interesting. It's really only a good 300w unit just so you know.
I thought that the B500's were all 240vac.

At least.........thats what I think it is lol.

*sigh*

time to take system apart a bit......

you know you have issues when you speedbuild something, and can't remember what brand PSU you have.

Do you have AISuite installed and were you using it. I have had it mess up by boot sequence more than once.

I'd suspect that PSU. It's a cheap AcBel unit with only 30 max total on the 12v rail. It's really only good to around 350w.
It's probably a good thing you're not running a high end vid card right now. That (high end GPU) plus your OC on the FX will kill it.

AIsuite = total crap.

Nope, ditched it after I saw what it was.
Only thing useful was that MyLogo thing,

Yeah, total draw on my system is in the 275w range I think. Will be upgrading to a new PSU, again, when cash makes itself available lol.

Back