• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 CANT GET BEYOND 3.0GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've changed the thermal compound on my NB, the temperatures lowered by 10 celcius, i think it's fairly good.
Did a bit of cable management (i know it looks very bad cause of my case isn't good for cable management), my CPU temperatures lowered by around 12-15 degrees under load. Thank you for all of your support! I'll keep my CPU @ 3.4GHz, until i can get a better mobo or water cooler. :D
PC_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Id have the heatsink on the CPU point to the BACK of the case, not the top... its sucking warm air off the GPU there...

What vCore are you seeing at idle and what is your vCore showing under load?

70°C seems a bit high for a Q6600. What heat sink or cooler are you using on your CPU?

For the MCH and FSB voltage, don't go above +.2v.

Replacing the original thermal paste/compound on the North Bridge chip may help a bit, but given that it is a passive heat sink (no fan) I wouldn't be expecting any amazing temps. With my board I had to replace the stock heatsink with a larger, heavier one that had a fan.

Though 3.6GHz is a pretty high overclock for a Q6600, and not easy to achieve. That may provide a partial explanation for the high CPU temps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gig...ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMImL6gqP2pyAIVA1U-Ch35Ygr0

View attachment 169548

Thank you for your comment!
I forgot to say something.
I love your system imo :D

I can only put it two ways, upside and upside down, cause of the transistors on my motherboard couldn't let the heatsink fit, but if i put the ventillator to upside, then the PSU will suck air from the CPU ventillator lmao

I've changed the thermal compound on my NB, the temperatures lowered by 10 celcius, i think it's fairly good.
Did a bit of cable management (i know it looks very bad cause of my case isn't good for cable management), my CPU temperatures lowered by around 12-15 degrees under load. Thank you for all of your support! I'll keep my CPU @ 3.4GHz, until i can get a better mobo or water cooler. :D
View attachment 169587

By the way, it looks like from your pic that your rear fan is mounted backwards and is pulling air into the case from the back when it really should be exhausting hot air.

That may be part or your problem with the high temperatures, you're recirculating hot air in your PC.

Thank you for your comment!
I forgot to say something.
I love your system imo :D
Thanks, appreciate it.

I can only put it two ways, upside and upside down, cause of the transistors on my motherboard couldn't let the heatsink fit, but if i put the ventillator to upside, then the PSU will suck air from the CPU ventillator lmao

Actually, with the way it's mounted now the fan should be pushing the air up into the heatsink and then into the power supply. Unless you are pulling air down through the heatsink and exhausting it against the top of the graphics card, which would not be a good thing to do.

Back