• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWBot Country Cup 2015

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
It's that time of year again and finally have some news on the country cup. I'll just post the link here. http://oc-esports.io/#!/article/3146/hwbot_country_cup_2015_kicks_off_november_1st

Stage 1 - 3DMark06 Nvidia HWpts: use 10 different single GPU Nvidia graphics cards, each from a different family. The ranking is based on the sum of the hardware points of the ten results. There are 50 points for the winning country

Stage 2 - Fire Strike IGP: use 5 different integrated GPUs, each using a different CPU socket. The ranking is based on the average of the five results. There are 40 points for the winning country

Stage 3 - Geekbench3 Single Core: use 5 different memory types in the Geekbench3 single core benchmark. The ranking is based on the average score. There are 40 points for the winning country

Stage 4 - XTU 1-8 cores: use 5 different processors, each with a different core count between 1 and 8 cores. The ranking is based on the average score. There are 30 points for the winning country

Stage 5 - GPUPI 32B Full Out: this stage requires 1 score and allows full out hardware selection. There are 30 points for the winning country

WINNING COUNTRY

G.SKILL: 1x special DDR4-4266 8GB(4GBx2) + 2x DDR4-4000 8GB(4GBx2)+ 1x DDR4-3866 8GB(4GBx2)
GIGABYTE: 1 x Z170X-SOC Force
Kingpincooling: 1x Tek-9 FAT 6.0 GPU, 1x Tek-9 Slim Rev 7.0, 1x Dragon F1 Extreme Dark Anodized Black
Thermal Grizzly: 10x 5.55g Kryonaut
HWBOT: 5x HWBOT Thermal Flask

RUNNER-UP COUNTRY

G.SKILL: 2x DDR4-4000 8GB(4GBx2) + DDR4-3866 8GB(4GBx2)
GIGABYTE: 1x Z170X-SOC Force
Kingpincooling: 1x Tek-9 Slim Rev 7.0, 1x Dragon F1 Extreme Dark Anodized Black
Thermal Grizzly: 7x 5.55g Kryonaut
HWBOT: 3x HWBOT Thermal Flask

2ND RUNNER-UP COUNTRY

G.SKILL: 1x DDR4-4000 8GB(4GBx2)
GIGABYTE: 1x Z170X-SOC Force
Kingpincooling: 1x VENOM 6.66 Anodized Black
Thermal Grizzly: 5x 5.55g Kryonaut
HWBOT: 1x HWBOT Thermal Flask

Last edited:
May or may not put up anything, we'll see.
HWBot has me un-excited for benching right now, unfortunately...

I will attempt to put something up for 3Dmark06, just cos I can, and cos low scores don't embarrass me lol.

When they say GPUPI all hardware, does that include using your CPU? If so, I'll go there xD

Unless there is a way to force my 210 to work lol.....

I will attempt to put something up for 3Dmark06, just cos I can, and cos low scores don't embarrass me lol.

When they say GPUPI all hardware, does that include using your CPU? If so, I'll go there xD

Unless there is a way to force my 210 to work lol.....

It's GPUPi, not GPUPi for CPU.
That's also an all-out, one sub per country stage. You'd get your score absolutely mullered by someone with a 5960x and 4x TitanX on LN2.

So, don't bother just sit back and watch the big boys play huh?

On that stage, yeah.
I'm assuming someone will also come in with a GTX 285 or 295 on the 3dMark 06 stage as well. (Because that matches your generation of hardware)

It's GPUPi, not GPUPi for CPU.
That's also an all-out, one sub per country stage. You'd get your score absolutely mullered by someone with a 5960x and 4x TitanX on LN2.

Hwbot meaning of "fun" ...
I don't know if I post anything, last year I was in top 3 results in Poland posting as a joke results on low voltage mobile i3.
Since most teams have members from various countries then I'm not sure what's the point to make country cup at all.

Hwbot meaning of "fun" ...
I don't know if I post anything, last year I was in top 3 results in Poland posting as a joke results on low voltage mobile i3.
Since most teams have members from various countries then I'm not sure what's the point to make country cup at all.

Hence my first post in here:

May or may not put up anything, we'll see.
HWBot has me un-excited for benching right now, unfortunately...

This one actually has peizes too.
I'm still hoping us Canucks can get enough people together. You can only sub once per stage at least that's how it has been in the past which sucks for small teams.

Im just not understanding how its a "country" cup..
No man is an island.....cept at HWbot.

- - - Updated - - -

This one actually has peizes too.
I'm still hoping us Canucks can get enough people together. You can only sub once per stage at least that's how it has been in the past which sucks for small teams.

And yall have the perfect november temps for running OC's rigs

Im just not understanding how its a "country" cup..
No man is an island.....cept at HWbot.

- - - Updated - - -

And yall have the perfect november temps for running OC's rigs

Instead of grouping by team, they group by country.

I've got a bunch of new (old) stuff that needs to be tortured anyhow. If it's eligible when submitting then I'll add it. I'm not expecting to win anything though as all my stuff is older. Even my newer gear. Points are points.

Some of the stages are for HW points so age isn't important it's popularity

Yes like that but NO, it won't work in any of the categories that I can see.

use 10 different single GPU Nvidia graphics cards, each from a different family. The ranking is based on the sum of the hardware points of the ten results. There are 50 points for the winning country

So, im confused to hell.

does this mean each person submitting needs 10 cards?
or its one of each category submitted is picked?

They need to word things better.

Kuroko-head-bang.gif

10 different cards from ten different people is how it has worked in the past.

Back