• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TN ( Gaming ) / IPS Monitor ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Drivers are installed iIfollowed dwhat the manual wrote and how to set it up but i now no longer able to select 144hz like on the first day, the software are nothing just some settings which is used by the esport pros and my minor pivot which lets you control the monitor brightness etc via the PC don't think it has anything to do with the refresh rate

Tried a full driver uninstall through DDU and reinstalling the latest version?

I don't understand why CRU would be a bad idea. It isn't "overclocking" if you aren't going above the rated speeds of your monitor. If your monitor is rated to work at 144hz like you say, then it shouldn't be a problem. That is like saying setting your graphics card speed to stock in MSI Afterburner is overclocking it :screwy:

I don't understand why CRU would be a bad idea. It isn't "overclocking" if you aren't going above the rated speeds of your monitor. If your monitor is rated to work at 144hz like you say, then it shouldn't be a problem. That is like saying setting your graphics card speed to stock in MSI Afterburner is overclocking it :screwy:

Wholly agreed

Tried a full driver uninstall through DDU and reinstalling the latest version?

Because it's not ordinary? Since when you need so such thing to achieve it so I one feel comfortable doing it as I said Isn't even OC
And if I knew whether us it safe or no I wouldn't be asking the question in the first place would I? I only concern since on the settings AMD Is warned me about it.

Wholly agreed
Already did moved from 15.7 to Crimson too

Here's a link to a review of the monitor. Could help with settings.
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2730z.htm

Seems that you should start by correcting the color temperature which is off by miles with the default settings.

Yeah the color is quite bad out of the box all the settings are, I had to spend hours tweaking them to get it back to the closest thing that I had with my Dell

So, just to be clear, the fix was a firmware flash?

Hmm I won't call it a firmware flash ( firmware flash means updating it right ? ) because there's non to download for my model to begin with for now.
What they told me is a Firmware Bug, so what I did was to unlock the Factory Settings and enter it to Reset the monitor, strangely the normal Reset All won't work, so I had to use this Factory Settings method.

OK want to update, unfortunately by doing a Factory Reset didn't actually resolve the problem, whenever I turn Off my monitor and turn it On again ( not my PC just the monitor ) it will revert back to the same issue being stuck at 100hz.
So I had it one to one exchange at the shop ( not warranty , didn't send to BenQ ) and so far now it's the 4th day it seems to be working properly finally , Im able to get 144hz without problem !
Hopefully it stays this way !

It's been a week now, everything is working in order. So I guess that's it, I had a buggy monitor, so if anyone else is facing this problem, just RMA your monitor I guess..

Yup, Im lucky was able to get a one to one exchange, usually we don't have such policy here.
Usually they will just do a RMA and it will take Months, literally !
But there's still no such thing as refund though or exchanging to another product that's equally price.
( Depending on how establish is the shop, some smaller shops which the owner himself / herself is working there maybe they would give a refund )

Back