• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions regarding the Aquaero 6 XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man you're up late....or early.

Both! :rofl:

That box has seen better days to be sure, but don't be too concerned about the face. It's removable anyway. I changed mine to the black panel. Being aluminum, it's a bit flexible and easily fixable. Same with the mounting bracket. While I agree that it shouldn't be like that, it's minor enough, IMHO, to just adjust yourself and not worry about the hassle of replacing it.

I just emailed PCS and explained the whole ordeal.

I did purchase the black faceplate to match with the case so I'm not sure if that will fix the gap in between or if it just goes over the existing plate.

I know they sell the faceplates and brackets separate so I'm willing to negotiate and get those in and just replace those parts since I don't need more down time in RMAing the whole product and waiting for another one but first lets see PCS's response. I've heard mixed reviews about them in the past and hope this process heads toward a positive resolute.

...I'm not sure if that will fix the gap in between or if it just goes over the existing plate..

You replace it. It's suck on pretty well too, but it comes off relatively easily. Just those four corner screws and that's it.

One of these days I'll post photos of my rig.

Just a follow up on whats happened since.

I RMA'd the first Aquaero 6 XT as my gut was exactly right. It did seem to be a used or open item as the product box looked fairly beat up. The remote control didn't even have batteries included which raised even more red flags.

Long story short, I got a replacement which took almost 2 weeks from purchasing the Aquaero 6 to receiving a new one. The kicker is, I had to pay shipping for it to be sent back to PCS which I wasn't very happy about. I than decided while it was being processed at PCS, to purchase matching black screws for the black matching face plate that I was planning on installing. I called PCS and kindly asked them if they could add the paper weight screws with the RMA shipment on the way back to me before it leaves their warehouse. Mind you, I paid extra when I originally bought the AQ 6 XT for all the bells and whistles at PCS to rush the process, etc and are supposedly taking care of the RMA shipping back to the customer. I was told on the phone that they couldn't add the 8 screws to the RMA shipping for "Tax" reasons, etc or at least that's what I thought the person said. I was in disbelief but said ok fine, I understand. I than proceeded to order the screws and PAY $10 FREAKIN DOLLARS to ship a very small bag of 8mm black hex screws which ended up being too big and not used. I got furious but said, lets just end this already and be done with it for crying out loud. The RMA shows up WITH THE SCREWS IN THE SAME BOX with one label. That told me the ******** at PCS not only dupped me into $10 shipping to them, but saved their asses and sent out the RMA AQ 6 with the screws since I paid for their shipping at a ridiculous $10 as it didn't cost nothing in their end. In the end, somehow I'm at fault and payed $190 for the AQ 6 XT + another $20 for RMA shipping, 2+ weeks of down time, all because I hit the buy button at PCS.

I don't think I'll be purchasing anything ever again from Performance-PCS as I've spend a great amount there already. The excuse on the phone that, they are the "middle man" and can't do much if they send a used or open item to me is not their fault or problem is basically how I felt I got told nicely over the phone. It was a lame excuse. As a middle man or first man, they should make sure what they send to their customers ONCE accepting PAYMENT that they are getting what they payed for! In the end, this dam AQ 6 XT at PCS cost me $210+. It was like buying it at another retailer for me and add the down time and frustrations.

Gasp..........(Smoke break)

I got it all working now but seem to have an issue with my touch screen face plate. There's been others with similar issue and have called Germany and spoke personally to Stephan from Aquacomputer and have to say these folks are great group of folks there even though were on different Time Zone so you'll have to plan for that and granted there's a thick accent going on, depending which side you're on lol, they promised me to replace my AQ 6 XT's touch screen if the issues continue, once I reconnect the face plate to see if it would fix the issue but I haven't gone to that point and take everything apart as I recently put it together. I have 2 years of warranty so I have time.

Also grabbed the "revision 2" farbwerk from Germany as they redid the farbwerk to work with both Aquabus AND Bluetooth. Unfortunately my phone is only iOS so I'll have to wait on that department to control LED via wifi unless they could work something out with Apple.

All in all, this controller is amazing. PC is much quieter than before but still learning the software as the Germans like complexity to say the least. lol Once I get a chance, I will be posting some pictures of rig with the Aquaero 6 XT on it.

Sounds like you had to jump through a few hoops to end up with a Aquaero 6XT....!

BTW what are the symptoms of your touch screen faceplate? Are you having the problem where it is not simply lying flat but bowing out from the frame? - You can fix this fairly easily if that is the problem you are experiencing.

It is a great device once you get your head around all of its features. I don't think I would build a watercooled PC without one of these devices. My latest build will be using one and I will also be using their Aquabus connection for a number of peripherals [Pumps & Flowmeter] for the first time.

Here is one of my long time Aquaeros sitting in a 900D.....

Qaj2zj.jpg

Back