• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hep me find a new gfx card for black ops 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baggedmazda

current specs
mobo msi z68a-gd65 g3
cpu I5 2500k
ram 8 gigs of ddr3 1600
gfx ati 5770
power supply corsair tx850m

haven't been around pc gaming in a while after i fried my last gfx card but now im wanting to play black ops 3 i am sure the 5770 will not cut it so im looking for a card that will run the game decently with the other components i have already looking to stay under $200 and get the best bang for my buck

current specs
mobo msi z68a-gd65 g3
cpu I5 2500k
ram 8 gigs of ddr3 1600
gfx ati 5770
power supply corsair tx850m

haven't been around pc gaming in a while after i fried my last gfx card but now im wanting to play black ops 3 i am sure the 5770 will not cut it so im looking for a card that will run the game decently with the other components i have already looking to stay under $200 and get the best bang for my buck

These are the minimu requirements for the game

CPU: Intel Core i3-530 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.60 GHz
System RAM: 6GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 1GB / ATi Radeon HD 6970 1GB
Hard Drive Space: TBA
DirectX11

A GTX can be had for around $200 depending on sale prices.

What resolution are you going to be gaming at?

At the moment 1680x1050 but I am thinking of picking up a 27in monitor

Is it a 1080, 1440, or 4k monitor? If it's a 1080 monitor, the GTX 960 will be fine, you won't be able to max out the video settings, but you will be able to play.

wit hthat spec get yourself a gtx 660 4 gig version...... anything higher and your mobo/cpu will bottleneck it

- - - Updated - - -

oh and i agree with the above guy. REAL men and ocers do it in t he BIOS!

im fine if it bottlenecks it at some point i will upgrade my mobo and cpu when needed or of i gain enough over my current build after doing a little research it looks like the ati r9 280x is out doing the nvidia at the same price point

wit hthat spec get yourself a gtx 660 4 gig version...... anything higher and your mobo/cpu will bottleneck it

- - - Updated - - -

oh and i agree with the above guy. REAL men and ocers do it in t he BIOS!

You can go plenty higher than a GTX 660 with a 2500K.

Also, drop the insults. If it's supposed to be a joke, it isn't coming across as one.

im fine if it bottlenecks it at some point i will upgrade my mobo and cpu when needed or of i gain enough over my current build after doing a little research it looks like the ati r9 280x is out doing the nvidia at the same price point

For 1080p gaming right now the ideal card is a 970. You might be able to snag one used for close to your budget.
If not, a GTX 960 would do well for you.

Sherlock Google Holmes produced this.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/2169-cod-black-ops-3-pc-gpu-benchmark-and-fps/Page-2

Looks like a 960 will get you around 60 FPS maxed out. Unless you get an awesome BlackFriday deal I dont see you getting a 970 for close to $200. Your CPU should not give you any issues.

Also - your 2500k with some overclocking will do you just fine for a while. So if you budget is only $200 because you want to upgrade the CPU somewhat soon, Id say put more into the GPU now. It will do more for you.

Back