• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need an opinion, MB paint + more :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pulsarius

Registered
Hello again :) , this time in a diferent area of the forum :).

so i have some question , maybe the comunity can help me out.

ok first things first, :.
i have this MB , http://images.bit-tech.net/content_...d80-review/msimilitaryclassflat-1280x1024.jpg
as you can see it haves that Blue colours in the heat dissipators, my question is , can i paint that blue whit Plastidip whitout afecting temps to much ?
only the Blue of the heatsinks. not the complete heatsinks.

saying this cause :.
this is the case i will be getting :.
http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-s
Black case , will probably be repainted or not i haved decided yet, will be Moded by me.

and this is what i have :.
G-Skill Trident-x ( Red MEMS)
MSI 390X gaming 8gb (Red + Black)
CPU Waterblock (BLACK)
RAD Phobya G-Changer v2 360mm.

and then i have that MB whit blue acents , thats why im asking that on the top regarding the MB.

any opinion in what reservoir o should get for that case ? and if i should go whit Rigid Tubeing for the build ? it looks so clean in terms of looks (Rigid tube builds)

give yours twocents guys :) pls .

Thanks in advance !!!
Pulsarius.

Edit for Spelling ... what else :) !

Shouldn't cause any problems, but those boards are known for overheating so monitor it closely.

Shouldn't cause any problems, but those boards are known for overheating so monitor it closely.
thanks for your reply and heads up , i might get lucky , cause i will take the heatsinks out to paint the blue acents and replace the marvelous(NOT) thermal paste that MB´s in general have i might even be able to take some degres off :).

i had a Asus Striker II Formula (that from what i had along the years in terms of MB´s , it was the ****yest MB ever that i owned and it costed me 220€ back in 2007) and i was having problems whit the MB cause the NB and SB where overheating so much that the pc was powering down due MB overheat (STOCK voltages no OC) , i took all the heat sinks off and replaced the Thermal for a good quality thermal ( i belive i used Artic silver at the time) and i as able to take 20 degres of the NB and some more in the SB, you guys might say ohhh that was probly afther some years of usage , no its was taken out of the BOX whit that problem.

after that i was able to OC my Q6600 to 3,8 air cooled stable.

FWIW most motherboards use thermal pads, NOT thermal paste, under heatsinks.

Back