• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shadow of Mordor Screen Glitch (Need Help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Decadurabolin

so im having problems since i got this game, where the top left corner of the screen is pixelated black, it forms a perfect square some times when im looking around. It always happens when a mountain or rock goes into that corner. it's pretty much only appearing when the rock texture goes into the corner like on the picture i provided, it only happens in fullscreen and borderless. when playing in windowed mode it disappears and doesn't show but who plays in windowed mode right? i have a feeling it's something to do with windows changing the color scheme to basic when i start the game but im not sure about that, it's something to do with fullscreen there must be a simple fix for this, thanks in advance.

0sbWycO.jpg

Have you tried verifying the game files through Steam?
What's the full system? (see my sig for example of info needed)
What driver version?
Is the system OC'd?

I haven't verified the files, would that do something to help?

Sabertooth z77 motherboard
R9 290 Radeon slightly overclocked 4096mb
i5 3570k ivy bridge
8gb Memory
Asus VS247HR monitor

I have latest AMD Drivers

I think if i roll back my drivers it will work but i don't know how to roll back never done it before.

Also i have messed around with windows basic and it's not that because whatever i change it still happens. the only way i can get rid of it is by playing in windowed mode but that sucks man.

To roll back drivers uninstall your current ones from control panel, download/use DDU in safe mode to remove all traces of the drivers. Install an older version of the drivers. You can find most versions on guru3d.

OMG Im having the same exact problem ! Thank God it wasn't only me !
I think the new Crimson Driver is causing this, are you using 15.11 / 15.11.1 BETA Driver ?? Im on the 15.11.1 BETA, Im using a 290X same issue !
Also I notice if you turn off Vegetation completely, it goes away ! I think it had something to do with rendering Vegetation, usually If I look at Vegetation I will get this.
I've started a thread in STEAM forums as well...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/241930/discussions/0/485624149160419837/

Back