• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dhenzjhen Unlocks BCLK on Retail Skylake Core i3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Makes me wonder if it's the board or all of them should have an open BCLK and certainly on a Z board. It certainly would be a nice switch for Intel

Can't wait to see how this plays out. It'd be awesome if it works on other boards.

Makes me want to play with my SB again :)

If this does work out, many many Intel users will be happier than a pig in s**t :D

Ivy was 103-115MHz depends from CPU/mobo but 107+ was usually barely stable and on "non-OC" boards sometimes 103-105MHz was max. Most Haswell locked i3/i5 and most Xeons couldn't run above ~103-105MHz on even the best boards. There were also no straps for locked CPUs. Skylake has the same but there is locked pcie at 100MHz so CPU bus is something separated. Looks like some of the pins on the CPU are unlocking bclk OC. Question only if it's hard locked or can be unlocked in soft.

What meant to say I thought there was a H series board when IVY came out that aloud bclk overclocking like this board

I don't recall that offhand.

The reason this generation is different is, as Woomack said, the clock domains have been separated out. Z170 boards have their own clock generators on board which allow for very high BCLKs. That said, I wonder if any board can do this...

I don't recall that offhand.

The reason this generation is different is, as Woomack said, the clock domains have been separated out. Z170 boards have their own clock generators on board which allow for very high BCLKs. That said, I wonder if any board can do this...

yeah so to the guys thinking oooh i want to do this with my sandy or ivy... noap.

Back