• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On the Road Again. 2 BILLION!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
The 2 billion point milestone is the most important part of the title. ottoaxel has just earned this milestone and it is a big one. Lets give him a big WOOT WOOT!

I'm on the road tomorrow so I thought I'd get a quick message out to ya'll now. So you don't have to cry and ask why I don't love you and all that. Gets messy.

At a quick glance, a call to action was sent out and action is being taken. We are up to 49 active folders. We need more but 49 is good. Ave ppd for our active members is nearly 4.5 million. That's good. Thank you.

Top 21 are earning 1 million ppd +
Top 6 are earning 10 million ppd +
Top 3 are earning 20 million ppd +
Top 2 are earning 40 million ppd +

These are great numbers.

ottoaxel has earned 2 BILLION!!!! WOOT! WOOT!
darkpyro1 has just earned 20 million.
Pabuchok has earned his first 10 million! WOOT.
Earthdog ("THE" Earthdog?) has earned 6 million.

Chasing 3 teams with 2 teams chasing us. I was looking at Element AI Inc's deets (short for details). It seems that the company has changed hands a few times. They appear to sell AI software that helps companies make AI software for thier own use? Not sure but interesting reads.

Not sure how long they will keep churning out great science but we're happy to see them and ALL of our other teams. The compitition is false. We are all working to the same goal so we are really competing against.... diseases? Like the goal is to cure cancer, altzheimer's, mad cow, etc.

Finally but NOT least important. Our friends and teammates in Florida have taken a massive blow (pun not intended but not unwelcomed either). Please keep them in your minds and hearts and if you have opportunity to lend aid please consider it. On a personal note, my friends and family near Sarasota have survived and they have their basic needs met. Others do not. Hoping for the best for those affected and hoping for a speedy recovery to normal life.

Last edited:
Congrats on being #50 in the world. That's a big deal and represents the team well. or maybe weel? ;) Correction made. Love ya Whitehawk. :grouphug:

Thanks guys!
I was watching for this one, been a long time coming.
I can't keep up with the best of you, but I hope you'll notice an uptick in my ppd. That 1660 ti is being put to use. Should be about a 50% improvement. May actually hold off some of my challengers for a bit longer, though they look to be still outproducing me.
Take care on the road Don, and have a good time.

Congrats, Whitehawk, that's a huge stone! Glad to have you aboard, ottoaxel!

I got hit with a power rate increase a couple of months ago and I weathered it for 2 months but I just can't pay 500$ power bills every month so I powered down the 3070 machine to see where that lands me on my net consumption. I doubt I'll make it back to my previous production highs anytime soon, but as promised, current production will keep me top-10 all time on the team, even with some folks chasing me...Don. :)

Pretty thankful for the latest e bill down from $475 to $315...Between AC off and one 1300W PSU with 2 GPU's off...

I'll still break down and buy a 4080 if available , by then I can use it for heat through the winter.

Sooooo.....Earthdog, what are you folding with? 3080, 3090, 4080, 4090, 5080, 5090, 6080, 6090......? :rofl:

p.s. I'm #49 in world stats

I was just looking at stats, and holy crud, Earthdog was gonna pass me in like 8 months, after I just stepped up. Dang, good job brother, I am not worthy!

Sadly, this is just a test that's almost over, gents. Maybe I'll spin up the rest of what I have around the house and see where it peaks for giggles.

Sorry, I won't have those results...at least anytime soon. Just gett8ng it ready for a release article.

That said, do we have a (modern) procedure in our forums/Frontpage to set that up? That's going to be necessary for a Linux n00b like me.

I think you are going to need two guides.
The first guide is going to help you install Linux, which should include which distribution. Also installing a proper Geforce driver and any other things you may need. I remember fumbling my way through an install of Ubuntu a couple years ago, then installing and updating Python because I had to for some (unknown to me) reason. A nice, updated guide here would be helpful.
Once Linux was set up, it was much easier to install the F@H components. Here an install guide from the F@H site.

Thanks! Sounds like a great addition to the OCF forums or front page.............. can anyone write something up?

Back