• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with first bench mark submission

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm with Janus, as much as I like Ocing my AMD stuff, stick to 2D, in 3D it will significantly hinder your score. The only 2 benches I recall you can compete 3D with AMD is Catzilla and Heaven. Though, you're going to have to really push the 860k to do so.

That's another issue I am having for three days now I have been trying to get heaven and valley up and running, after very slow downloads I go open either app and get an error message saying to re-install it because there is a file missing......

And I am downloading from Unigen direct....

Don't forget to bench your phone, tablet, and your wife's phone! :p

I've got the system as stable as it seems it's going to get. CPU at 4.6, chasing 4.7 the voltage was getting higher than I cared for. And I honestly think at this point my CPU is bottle necking my GPU so no sense in trying to push the GPU anymore. Very happy with the performance of the system, but sucks about the 3D bench marks with this CPU, big bummer. Was a good learning process thus far though.

I appreciate the help of all those have have chipped in :thup: Let's see where this system goes from here........

I've got the system as stable as it seems it's going to get. CPU at 4.6, chasing 4.7 the voltage was getting higher than I cared for. And I honestly think at this point my CPU is bottle necking my GPU so no sense in trying to push the GPU anymore. Very happy with the performance of the system, but sucks about the 3D bench marks with this CPU, big bummer. Was a good learning process thus far though.

I appreciate the help of all those have have chipped in :thup: Let's see where this system goes from here........
Just remember one thing Evil, when benching you only need it stable enough to complete the bench. Also some benches do not use all the cores, so for instance Sp 1m/32m you can leave only 2 cores running and possibly crank the cpu higher.

Just remember one thing Evil, when benching you only need it stable enough to complete the bench. Also some benches do not use all the cores, so for instance Sp 1m/32m you can leave only 2 cores running and possibly crank the cpu higher.

For sure just sucks having a CPU I can't even get on the team with lol......... and that's with having a decent sample of one.........

Fact is there's a ton more 3D benchmarks and even being new to this I like the 3D stuff more. In the Feb marathon someone else killed me by over 2K points with a GTX 670 and I have a 970 clocked stable over 1500mhz lol....

The difference, the CPU, he has Intel.....

So it's been a good learning process. I am not upset or anything, just took me a couple of days to find the limits of my system with this CPU, which I knew full well going into the build I would get here (just didn't think so quickly) :D

This is where living up in the Great White North has it's advantages. I can open a window and drop my room temp by 20c. That will always give an edge.

This is where living up in the Great White North has it's advantages. I can open a window and drop my room temp by 20c. That will always give an edge.

I can open mine and raise temps by 20C lol :rofl:

Just looked over a couple of your subs and the Cinebench has to go since it's done on Win10 and the 3Do3 need a verification link also make sure your using the updated version of sys info from future mark. That's needed for a valid submission. Just noticed as well that some of the links don't work. Fire Strike was OK but the others wouldn't work

Just looked over a couple of your subs and the Cinebench has to go since it's done on Win10 and the 3Do3 need a verification link also make sure your using the updated version of sys info from future mark. That's needed for a valid submission. Just noticed as well that some of the links don't work. Fire Strike was OK but the others wouldn't work

Ughh...... I new about the cinnebench I forgot who but someone said to submit it anyways lol. The rest of the stuff I will look over when I have a system capable of getting me points lol.

Is there a way to just delete the submissions and start over?

I believe there is an option to delete your submission, yes.

Like I said in one of your 'new' project threads... slow down a bit... focus!! You are really all over the map jumping headfirst into things with reckless abandon. While we all appreciate the zeal, it may be best if you slow your roll a bit. Pick a direction and stick with it... learn how to read the rules and screenshots for submissions (I linked to the page that has all the rules). Settle on some hardware and push on it instead of multiple other things. Its not rocket science, but, as we can see, it isn't something we can just stick on the wall either. It takes a bit of patience to get there. :thup::attn:

I believe there is an option to delete your submission, yes.

Like I said in one of your 'new' project threads... slow down a bit... focus!! You are really all over the map jumping headfirst into things with reckless abandon. While we all appreciate the zeal, it may be best if you slow your roll a bit. Pick a direction and stick with it... learn how to read the rules and screenshots for submissions (I linked to the page that has all the rules). Settle on some hardware and push on it instead of multiple other things. Its not rocket science, but, as we can see, it isn't something we can just stick on the wall either. It takes a bit of patience to get there. :thup::attn:

While I appreciate what you're saying I'm not sticking with an 860K that I can't even make the benching team with lol. My skylake build will be put together in the next day or two as my daily and gaming rig, this first build was to mess with something cheap and start tinkering with CPU overclocking. Done deal, I have people outscoring me with GPU two-three generations old because they have Intel CPU's, enough said there loll.

So X99 will be the direction. I like to push GPU's that's what I prefer, and an AMD CPU is not going to get me where I want on that front. When the skylake build is up I'm gonna throw the same 970 in it to show the difference I know that 860K was holding me back with that GPU.

I "unlocked" an acheivement in Firestrike that said you're GPU wants to party but your CPU doesn't want to play lol. Even the damn benchmarking software knows the CPU is lacking :)

Anyways, I'm not allowed to have girlfriends as per the wife, so I find other things to go through and entertain myself :thup:

While I appreciate what you're saying I'm not sticking with an 860K that I can't even make the benching team with lol. My skylake build will be put together in the next day or two as my daily and gaming rig, this first build was to mess with something cheap and start tinkering with CPU overclocking. Done deal, I have people outscoring me with GPU two-three generations old because they have Intel CPU's, enough said there loll.

So X99 will be the direction. I like to push GPU's that's what I prefer, and an AMD CPU is not going to get me where I want on that front. When the skylake build is up I'm gonna throw the same 970 in it to show the difference I know that 860K was holding me back with that GPU.

I "unlocked" an acheivement in Firestrike that said you're GPU wants to party but your CPU doesn't want to play lol. Even the damn benchmarking software knows the CPU is lacking :)

Anyways, I'm not allowed to have girlfriends as per the wife, so I find other things to go through and entertain myself :thup:

I agree with this 100% and had to make the jump to the blue team last year as well. Skylake will get you there.

I would highly recommend starting with the CPU/2D benchmarks, once you start adding in a GPU it adds a significant amount of additional variables to have to tweak and get down. I'm sure you could still get some points with that 860K in 2d benchmarks, just don't waste your time benching it for 3D.

Also, I'm confused by your post. You say you are going for X99 then talking about Skylake. Are you going to have both an X99 and a Z170 system for some reason?

I would highly recommend starting with the CPU/2D benchmarks, once you start adding in a GPU it adds a significant amount of additional variables to have to tweak and get down. I'm sure you could still get some points with that 860K in 2d benchmarks, just don't waste your time benching it for 3D.

Also, I'm confused by your post. You say you are going for X99 then talking about Skylake. Are you going to have both an X99 and a Z170 system for some reason?

Yes guys I will have two computers. Just because. There's a lot of people in my house and the "extra" PC will get use.

I actually am building three PC's one for the wife and two for me it's all in my crazy build log.

That's fair, very few people know each others financial situations. If buying up two high end systems is viable for you, then more power to you. No need to be defensive, just trying to offer advice to a person new to benching.

Back