• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First water cooled setup (EKWB X360 + GPU + filter extension)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CROE

Registered
Hi,

I wanted to post pictures of my first water cooled setup, and ask a question.

Setup
Case: Fractal Design Define S
MB: MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3)
CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x4GB 1600MHz
SSD: 2x Crucial BX100 250GB
GPU: 7950
PSU: EVGA G2 650w

Cooling
EKWB X360 KIT
EKWB GPU-block
EKWB fittings and angles
Koolance filter
Phobya taps
Destilled water and Biocide Extreme

Not the cleanest water cooled build, but I am pretty satisfied as it is my first. I will add more angled fittings and re-do the setup when I upgrade from my 2500k. If the setup gets clean enough then, I will add a large grey tempered glass to the side door, and some LED's. As well as change the Noctua fans for some all black ones.

The PC is now undergoing leak test, and has been on for a couple of hours. But I am getting worried about the pump temperature, as it is really hot. It is a PWM-pump, so I can not control the speed without the PC on. Therefore it is running at 100% constantly. Is that OK? It wont break?

Please criticize my build, so I can improve until next time! :)

Pictures (IMGUR)

Nice, but me thinks you wasted money on an aged 7950 full cover block. Should've used that money towards a newer gen video card and then got a block for it.

Paid 120 bucks for the GPU+block, so I think it was OK. I am only playing Civilization, Citites: Skylines, CSGO and Rocket League, so I don't need a new GPU. A new one would have been like $500-600, with a block.

My screen is 3440x1440 tho, oh well :)

Last edited:
I do not know why, but my CPU is around 37 degrees celcius idle. When I had my Hyper Evo 212, it was around 35 degrees. I was hoping for a better temperature drop.

I have stock clock.

Idle temps do not really matter all that much.

You have the GPU and CPU in the same loop...more power going in at idle...higher idle temperature.

Your ambient temps could also have risen so that's why you might see a jump in idle temps. What matters is your load temps.

Back