• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FBI wants a backdoor for all IOS devices ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ruling is essentially blanket permission for the Injustice Dept. to hack any computer anywhere for any reason.

yeah... isnt that like attacking a foreign nation, if they hack a computer in another country?

yeah... isnt that like attacking a foreign nation, if they hack a computer in another country?

It's considered a hostile action by another nation if there's no communication and agreement between governments.

"possession of burglary tools, resisting an officer with violence" WHAT ??? why do people allow this crap to happen ? why has the officer not been arrested and her name cleared ? WTF is wrong with these people ???

I'm sure she would pay a pretty penny for you to say that to a judge in a convincing manner :)

She went through "due process" which means that a whole slew of police and court officials - including her court appointed or paid attorney- didn't see it that way. I'm absolutely agree with you, but common sense and rights don't seem to matter to lawmen.

I mean really what can she do? File a complaint with the same jurisdiction that already provided representation that couldn't help, and a fistful of badge wearers and gavel bangers that let this stuff happen? Seems like it might not work.

And now I wait to get yelled at for being OT :)

Well, the thread is about government transgressions, and it is an example of how endemic the problem is. My question now is, has the increasing over reach of the Federal government brought this about at the local level or vice versa?

the thread is about government transgressions, and it is an example of how endemic the problem is.

One has to wonder, is the general populace happy with this, slowly losing your rights/freedom/privacy or are they blissfully unaware ? do they truly understand what they read/hear in the news ? i would've thought there would be enough unrest by now to force politicians to stop these ridiculous laws not making them stricter ? if history has taught us anything is that this is how civil wars start :confused:

/rant
And Americans in general wonder why every other country on earth utterly hates/despises them (i mean despite the constant plague in the ears "we are the greatest country on earth"/"leader of the free world")...
/end rant

My question now is, has the increasing over reach of the Federal government brought this about at the local level or vice versa?

I'll answer your question with another question : is it possible that to fix? For example, the government whether local or federal has become this way both because the people have let it and because the people themselves have over reached in their pursuit of total freedom ( criminals is what I mean: those who see no limit to their freedom, even when it will infringe on another person's), and by that logic oneust wonder if we even have the mental faculties to form a non corrupt body of government at all?

America was supposed to take us there by spreading the power around the entire population, but now we live in a world where people are more interested in American Idol than who is going to be the next American president. It seems that many out there believe that something will be lost by - the government and the private sector - following the Constitution/law. Until folks can come to terms with /agree on what freedoms really are it will always be "to-MAE-to / to-MA-to" on the subject of freedom and privacy

It seems that many out there believe that something will be lost by - the government and the private sector - following the Constitution/law. Until folks can come to terms with /agree on what freedoms really are it will always be "to-MAE-to / to-MA-to" on the subject of freedom and privacy

It's very straight forward IMO (or maybe i am just simple minded) : I am a free citizen in a "free nation". I am entitled to my privacy by law regardless of the fact that i have something to hide or not. At the moment the problem are not the hackers/opportunists/scammers that endanger that right, it is my government. My government is therefore at the moment more dangerous then all the rest because he is taking away my rights. How long will i endure this before i act ?

I can tell you right now, as a Portuguese born and bred if our country ever passed laws like this that allowed some shady "security" organization more powers then anyone deserve we would happily have another 25th of April - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnation_Revolution

Guys,

We are really close to crossing the political line here if it hasn't already been crossed. This post is not made because of any disagreement with your posts but it's because of disagreements with OC Forums general rules regarding posts made anywhere on the forum. Referencing a military coup that the US citizens should have for the overthrow of our government is crossing the line. Relax it a bit.

Apologies, heat of the moment thing :p gist of what i meant was you need to stop the politicians from making these bad decisions. Talking about America is well and good but everyone seems to be forgetting (deliberately or not) that whether you like it or not all of your actions have repercussions abroad, and as was posted above stuff like this might be viewed as an act of war by countries that don't share our view of "freedom" or simply have an axe to grind (many of those still around) :(

Personally i wouldn't want to lose my source of good Sci-fi (pls pls pls make more seasons of Firefly) and humor like Jerry Springer if this goes pear-shaped in the future :rofl:

Last edited:
Apologies, heat of the moment thing :p gist of what i meant was you need to stop the politicians from making these bad decisions. Talking about America is well and good but everyone seems to be forgetting (deliberately or not) that whether you like it or not all of your actions have repercussions abroad, and as was posted above stuff like this might be viewed as an act of war by countries that don't share our view of "freedom" or simply have an axe to grind (many of those still around) :(

I understand 100%. This thread was at or near that political "line in the sand" from the beginning but it was too important not to allow some leeway because it is very much oriented to our own personal day-to-day use of computers / and our smartphone forum.

Everyone carry on with the above in mind.

Given the source points, and the total lack of unmonitored internet access in China, I would say espionage. The main target is Washington (state), home of M$. I have no idea what their exact target is.

Look at a real time map of cyber attacks. Most of the world does it to us 24/7, government sponsored cyber attacks. We do nothing about it. Not the path I would take, but they didn't ask me.
http://map.norsecorp.com/#/
https://cybermap.kaspersky.com/
http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&list=2&time=16921&view=map

Not sure how this is relevant (pretty lights though), America is only the 3rd most attacked and a see a lot more paths going out then in according to Kaspersky ?

Just an example of how government sponsored cyber war has been raging on and nobody seems to think reprisals are called for. The FBI raiding foreign computers is probably less of a concern than foreign countries attacking ours.

Just an example of how government sponsored cyber war has been raging on and nobody seems to think reprisals are called for. The FBI raiding foreign computers is probably less of a concern than foreign countries attacking ours.

hey, im from a foreign country, and the FBI raiding our computers seems way out of line to me.

Doing it that way in our country seems way out of line to me too. I was just pointing out that governments hacking foreign computers is a pretty common occurrence, without any reprisals that I'm aware of.

Doing it that way in our country seems way out of line to me too. I was just pointing out that governments hacking foreign computers is a pretty common occurrence, without any reprisals that I'm aware of.

Right gotcha. The crux here being that until now it's all been "cloak and dagger". Well let's see what happens, I'm pretty curious how long it will take for that law to be abused...

Well, I find the law itself to be abusive if adhered to in it's entirety. I think it's wrong, over reaching, and in violation of our own existing laws. I've already changed my network password to something that will surely lead to hurt feelings if they get around to my computer. LOL

Back