• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laing D5 Vario pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Destructor

Registered
Hi guys, looking for a little help/advise here. I've had my custom water loop for a few years now.. I'm very comfortable working with all connections, etc... my question now is:

I replaced my bay reservoir to a tube reservoir, with the laing D5 Vario pump. and I have the header wire pluged into my cpu fan header on mobo.

what I really need to know is: is it normal for that pump to fluctuate in RPM's, like from 4770 to 4820 rpms. is this normal???

and also... I'm only using 1/2 3/8 tubbing... am I looking for troubles using this smaller tube?

any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds.
Claude

That is a normal variance. If you look at any specs of that pump(most pumps), typically it will give you a specific value and a +/- for variance.

As far as tubing goes, anything above 1/4" ID is fine.

Also, for a single rad and block loop, there is no reason that pump should be running cranked. With two rads and two blocks in my loop, I run it between 3/4 and get plenty of flow (1.5 GPM is the sweet spot). I would turn yours back to 3 personally.

great thanks a bunch EarthDog... I will pull out that pump, and dial it down to 3..

Agreed with E_D. Fluctuations are normal. That's a good sign the pump is running. Tubing size doesn't matter. 1/4" tubing is quite restrictive so anything over that is a plus.

As for pump flow rate, #3 on the VR is a perfect balance. I have mine set to 2100/2200 rpms for a single rad/cpu loop.

Back