• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interest in a Northeast LN2 party this summer or fall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm always around doing something now just waiting on some help to run 4x kingpin 980tis have no slim pots working on it! Aside from that this will be fun especially being the 10 core will be out.........

I would love to go also! I would be more able to go in October or late September. I would fly this time for sure though. Cannot say I'm in 100% yet but will see if I can asap.

Would this one make front page on the bot perhaps?

OK...first off...apologies for my snappy/snippy responses. Tough day at the orifice and it's wrong of me to take that out on you guys when I did actually ask for your thoughts and opinions.

Agreed...the idea is to make something fun that as many people as possible can attend.

Will get a posting up on various forums by the weekend and point them all to a 'main party thread' at forum.hwbot. In that thread, will try to have 2 polls regarding dates and locations. We'll see what everyone says and take it from there. I'll also try speaking with a few other elites to get some indication of interest as well as thoughts on sponsorships, etc. I know there are also folks here with good contacts so if they could reach out to them and start feeling things out, that'd be awesome.

We'll get something going whether small, medium or large.

Once I get threads posted around will put links to them all here. If folks help building a buzz, we could end up with something pretty epic. Even if we don't, we're sure to have a great time. Maybe we'll even try to recruit a small brewery. hehe

No worries Funsoul. We're all here together. We'll make it work one way or the other.

OK...will get something posted to forums later this week or over the weekend. In speaking with others, October could potentially be too cold so the choices that will be laid out are the July and Sep weekends, location will be Philly or Harrisburg.

Thanks to everyone for breathing life back into this idea!

If anyone knows good, suitable venues in Philly and/or Harrisburg....please let me know and I'll start making phone calls. Could also use the names of good, reasonable ln2 suppliers in those areas.

TIA!!!

Just curious as to why it matters if it's cold. Won't we be inside??

*removed so as not to offend potential attendees* ;)

Not everyone is part eskimo ;P

Last edited:
Wow...didn't know that's an eskimo saying! hehe Thanks for enlightening us dude!

Hey buds, I can only say I'll do my best to try and make it. October may be better for me but as a few of you know I just bought a business so my free time is essentially over starting in about a week or so. Again, will do my best to make time to get together again with you dudes and tear the sheet out of some benches. Maybe Johan and I will get that elusive 8.0 Ghz this time. :D

Maybe Johan and I will get that elusive 8.0 Ghz this time. :D

That still haunts me in my sleep. I have thought a lot about that and have some ideas that might tip it over the edge this time. Last time I tried the CHV-z it was being a little ***** so it's been hibernating for about 3 months. Have to see if it's still good or slightly twisted.

That still haunts me in my sleep. I have thought a lot about that and have some ideas that might tip it over the edge this time. Last time I tried the CHV-z it was being a little ***** so it's been hibernating for about 3 months. Have to see if it's still good or slightly twisted.
Worst part was you had it and crashed. DOH!!!! Next time I'm going to be a little less tentative with the voltage. If 1.875 v isn't enough hit it with 2.0 :D or maybe work on a chip I don't care about losing.

Too bad this is too far to drive. Count me out :(.

However, a live video feed of the action would be really neat so at least some peeps could watch!

GLHF and have a few beers for me!

Hey Jon!
Bummer man but completely understand. We'll definitely try to get something going for those that can't be there in person. That said, I've never tried getting anything like this together so am kinda learning as I go :/

Threads have been posted to the following other forums...are there other places the notice should be posted?
- forum.hwbot
- OCN
- H
- TPU
- XS
- CP (the hardest working team of old school on the planet imho)

Anything any of you could do to drive traffic, get more people involved, help with vendors and sponsors, help figure out how to do this right, etc, etc, etc would be HUGELY appreciated! Since Harrisburg is in Witchyland, going to try to ask for his help on identifying a venue and making arrangements for ln2.

Tia (and I'm SO excited!)!
-Stefan

Too bad this is too far to drive. Count me out :(.

However, a live video feed of the action would be really neat so at least some peeps could watch!

GLHF and have a few beers for me!

Assuming Witchy attends I believe my webcam is still at his house. I think jaymz accidentally forgot it there.

Back