• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interest in a Northeast LN2 party this summer or fall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We should drag this a bit west for the midwest people to make it easier... Say ****sburgh (sorry, Browns fan...)????

I may be in Ohio by that point honestly. Just something to throw out there... ****sburgh is a 4 hour drive for me between DC and Bmore.

Harrisburg might be a decent option if we can't secure anything in the Pittsburg area.

If I'm going to work on getting this together, not interested in making a 6 hour drive (hence the Northeast in the title). Harrisburg could be do-able.

Last edited:
If it, for some reason, shifts out (mid)west, I can take over the planning/legwork. Just thinking that we had many people make 6 hour plus drives the last trip, so why not possibly make it easier if those people can/want to make it and put the driving on us this time, regardless who is planning it. ;)

I'm all good with you taking over and getting this all together at your choice of date and location dude. Whatever you want. I'd still work to get something together perhaps much smaller but closer to home.

You're call...I'm fine either way but let me know what you want to do.

I'm all good with you taking over and getting this all together at your choice of date and location dude. Whatever you want. I'd still work to get something together perhaps much smaller but closer to home.

You're call...I'm fine either way but let me know what you want to do.

If it moves further west, I suppose I could clean out my garage again. We had a nice little event there a while back. I'm midway between Allentown and Philadelphia.

I'm along for the ride unless its needed. Just throwing stuff out there if it ends up where more people that can make it are in the midwest. Id rather have 10 people and in Pittsburgh than 3-4-5 in eastern PA if it worked out that way. The bigger it is, the more chance you will get at sponsors. I can even reach out to our contacts, but again, they likely will not sponsor much of anything if it is just a couple of people... so keep that in mind too.

Truth be told, I should just stay out of it as I am tentative most any date as I have no idea when/if/where I will be moving come summer and what my situation will be at that time.

Hanging out with Torin and RT was also a blast!!!

I am here to assist where needed.

I'm along for the ride unless its needed. Just throwing stuff out there if it ends up where more people that can make it are in the midwest. Id rather have 10 people and in Pittsburgh than 3-4-5 in eastern PA if it worked out that way. The bigger it is, the more chance you will get at sponsors. I can even reach out to our contacts, but again, they likely will not sponsor much of anything if it is just a couple of people... so keep that in mind too.

Truth be told, I should just stay out of it as I am tentative most any date as I have no idea when/if/where I will be moving come summer and what my situation will be at that time.

Hanging out with Torin and RT was also a blast!!!

I am here to assist where needed.

Yes, Torin's blowout was my first LN2 party (as an observer only) and it really opened my eyes,
I had no idea of the possibilities. I still think these guys (ED, 87dtna, Torin) are NUTS but it WAS
enjoyable. The downtown Phila outing was a couple years later and nicely attended. You don't have
to be an LN2 hobbyist to enjoy these outings.

I miss the old days of Scotty droppin' the hammer on the idiots spewing off false info. Hard Calculated Truth.
I get yelled at for calling people out or a spade a spade.
It would seem the people would rather coddle the mis-information spreaders than actually set them straight.
Much the same as todays youth are coddled. Times are changing in every aspect I guess. :shrug:

There are so many times I wish I wasn't green Scotty... let me tell you.....................................

Anyway, the benching party!!!

FTR I've been setting up the Man-Cave with the possibility of hosting one day. 20Amp lines in several places. :) Should be more than enough power. Also, I don't think there would be anything wrong with having a few of these. One in Jersy, one in PA one in MI/Ohio, whatever. Gives more locations and more dates for everyone to make the ones they can.

How about this...?

I'll get together a writeup/proposal/post and get it out on misc forums pointing to a main post at forum.hwbot. Will ask about how to have 2 polls....one with the 3 weekends asking people to vote on which would be the preference and a 2nd poll asking people to vote on a proposed location. Thinking the text would be something like...where would you want this party? Within a 1 hour radius of NYC, AC, Philly or Pittsburgh?

If the popular vote is anything but Pittsburgh, I'd be happy to hunt for a venue, ln2, etc. If the popular vote is Pittsburgh then someone else will have to make the needed arrangements (Earth Dog...will that be you?).

Lemme know. This is getting a bit bigger and more involved than what I was thinking. I just wanted to get together with friends old and new and have some fun. Thought the more the merrier and sponsorship would be awesome but didn't mean for this to become a pita for anyone.

Thoughts?

If you want to keep it small and in someone's garage again, I am all for that. The concern that people can have with a more personal (read: less people) and a venue is cost. Whereas, at least in someone's house, we only have to worry about hotel room, food(BEER!), and LN2. To rent a small meeting room for two entire days and nights isn't typically cheap (it would be several hundred here for a 30x40 room). But I am not sure if that is a cart before the horse thing (know how many people we have which would let us know where we can have it).

I am just not sure I will have the time to plan anything honestly. If absolutely necessary I can take over for something in the midwest(ish).

But I like Blaylock's idea of a couple smaller ones instead of a monster somewhere.

I was thinking/hoping 25+ people...a bit too large for garage action i think. That said, seems like the idea of a large gathering is pretty much DOA so I'll forget about it and move on unless others feel it's worth proceeding.

Funny...they didn't seem to have an issue getting together a pretty large get together in the UK recently.

Yeah, WAY too large for a garage. You won't be able to bench half of those people at the same time in most people's garages be it for power reasons or room...

I'm sure, if you put feelers out at different forums, it could happen with that many people........ just like they did in the UK. But as you noted, it is a lot of effort for whoever is organizing it to do that. I wish I could give more time to the effort, but there is just too many things going on right now and I wouldn't want to bail in the middle because I am moving/job hunting/etc.

Last edited:
Stefan I hope I wasn't stepping on your toes. That wasn't my (or Joe's if I'm reading this correctly) intentions at all. By all means please set-up the party as you were thinking. If I can make it I will (still up in the air).

This is not a moon shot guys .......... :rofl:

Simplfiy,

put up a bunch of dates up like I did last year, see what date the most members can make
Once that is determined geographic location and size of venue is simplified

set up Beer, LN2, food and Beer

If it is good beer I will be there regardless of the location .......... :rofl:

Is a ways off but Im in and Im currently testing the LnL system so not a issue will be there along with any product I can gather

Who's this guy??
Nice to see you around T&B. Thought you were MIA for a while till I seen you were posting at the Bot again

Back