• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interest in a Northeast LN2 party this summer or fall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hi Folks!

Thinking back to the good (albeit humid) time at Witchy's last summer (thank you again for hosting Witchdoctor!), am wondering if there are enough folks to do a ln2 benching get-together this summer?

Details would of course have to be figured out but, generally, am thinking of maybe renting a hall somewhere and getting a bunch of big tanks delivered. I know there are quite a few of us in the NY/NJ/PA area...if there are enough of us, it might not be too bad from a per-person cost perspective.

Anyhoo...just wanted to float the idea and see what people think.

Last edited:
Yeah...scheduling would be a pita but, as the cliche goes, where there's a will, there's a way.

This just in....a pro bencher just told me that if we get something together, he might be able to get us a sponsor to cover the cost of the event :) He's not on our team so, if the sponsorship thing happens, this would be a completely open-to-all event.

Last edited:
I would be in... we did this already in 2011 in Philly, actually. ;)

They were always open to all anyway, so we are set there.

It's now 2016...think we're about due for another one (especially since I wasn't there hehe)

I would love to be there, but I have a very slim chance of being able to attend due to work schedules of mine, my wife, and taking care of our kid. I will keep you posted if there's a chance but put me as a very small chance maybe.

Overall it sounds like an awesome idea, and I love that a pro may be able to hook us up with some sponsors!

We'll have to start a calendar and feeling out when might work. I know my wife's got our sh*t under control (I don't, she does hehe) and can give me all my available dates np.

Going to feel out the potential sponsor thing, too...they may suggest we open a thread somewhere else.

We'll have to start a calendar and feeling out when might work. I know my wife's got our sh*t under control (I don't, she does hehe) and can give me all my available dates np.

Going to feel out the potential sponsor thing, too...they may suggest we open a thread somewhere else.

lol. I'm banned from XS just so you know. :D

I would be interested. Would love to get some hands on experience with ln2 under the guidance of people familiar with it.

just like tapping a beer, keep the head under control and your good to go ....... ;)

I might show up just to fill the beers :p

I would be interested. Would love to get some hands on experience with ln2 under the guidance of people familiar with it.

I've been to two of them as an observer only and these guys
are awesome (Read: NUTS :rofl:) with what they do to hardware
and the GHz they obtain!

OK...sounding like there's some interest! YAY!!!

My thoughts atm are to find a place somewhere between NYC, AC and eastern PA. If we could get enough people and some nice sponsors to cover (or help), I think AC would be a blast and maybe get more people interested. That said, am completely open to ideas (as long as I get to be there hehe). I can research potential venues (including near me...NJ 07747).

Checked with the boss and came up with 3 potential weekends:
- June 25, 26
- July 23, 24
- September 24, 25

Will go ahead and try to type something decent up so it can be posted to the usual, suspect forums with a poll to help zero in on a particular weekend. Once we have at least a vague idea of how many attendees, I can start scoping places out (making sure they have plenty o' powah). If anyone wants to get involved in making this event happen, please let me know. Also...if you know any potential sponsors, that'd be great. I've confirmed that as long as we have 10 or more people, we've got at least 1 sponsor already.

Also...for any of you who personally know any of the top, elite benchers...if you could reach out to them and see if you can get them on-board, that'd be awesome!

Ummm...another also...if you or someone you know has put on events and wouldn't mind helping, that too would be outstanding.

Thoughts? Ideas? Feedback?

Last edited:
I wonder if LNL would be interested in showing up with one of his ln2 devices to do a demo. I bet we could get some interest in people wanting to see that in action.

Back