• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to get more offset for GPU base clock in Nvidia Inspector? BIOS Unlocked.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The forum will auto resize as needed. The reason why we ask to host here is because if not clicked, the images will disappear after some time.

That out of the way, you are already hitting the power limit and throttling clockspeeds as you can see from your picture. There is no point to increase clocks. In fact, I would LOWER your clocks so it doesn't throttle.

The forum will auto resize as needed. The reason why we ask to host here is because if not clicked, the images will disappear after some time.

That out of the way, you are already hitting the power limit and throttling clockspeeds as you can see from your picture. There is no point to increase clocks. In fact, I would LOWER your clocks so it doesn't throttle.

right, the goal here is to push the the maximum performance even further, so now: how to push the power Limit and push the whatever threshold that is in the way or it's the cause of throttling gpu? :)

This would require modifying the bios as well as figuring out a way to improve cooling. As was mentioned earlier, we do not recommend doing so with a laptop. In addition the gains you will get by doing so may only yield a couple percent improvement at best. Not the difference between playable and unplayable or turning up a setting in most cases. I think this as you already have a healthy overclock on the core as it is. I don't imagine there to be much more left in the tank, particularly without voltage control.

You said maxwell bios editor doesn't work? You saved your bios with gpuz?

This would require modifying the bios as well as figuring out a way to improve cooling. As was mentioned earlier, we do not recommend doing so with a laptop. In addition the gains you will get by doing so may only yield a couple percent improvement at best. Not the difference between playable and unplayable or turning up a setting in most cases. I think this as you already have a healthy overclock on the core as it is. I don't imagine there to be much more left in the tank, particularly without voltage control.

You said maxwell bios editor doesn't work? You saved your bios with gpuz?

no GPU-Z cant extract it either. i believe the vbios is integrated into the system bios for laptops (atleast like mine), therefore can not be extracted. although i'm not sure

i think the the vga bios is within the motherboard bios and vBIOS have to be unlocked along with the BIOS in order to achieve higher clock base than +135 offset.

btw of course i get u are saying, it's not like i can get an AMAZING change in performance by oc, but i see games gain higher fps like +8 with OC which is really good to me (for a laptop like this).
at least let's get rid of throttling problem at first.

the last but not least i wanna state my gratitude for ur informative & helpful replys

PS. i have control over voltage in PrecisionX but the fan rpm
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
at least let's get rid of throttling problem at first.

the last but not least i wanna state my gratitude for ur informative & helpful replys

PS. i have control over voltage in PrecisionX but the fan rpm
View attachment 177017
If you can't get the BIOS and edit it, you are at the end of the road.

Adding voltage will only increase power and temperatures causing MORE throttling.

Sorry bub... this it... you would get more consistent performance if you lowered the clocks and it didn't throttle. ;)

If you can't get the BIOS and edit it, you are at the end of the road.

Adding voltage will only increase power and temperatures causing MORE throttling.

Sorry bub... this it... you would get more consistent performance if you lowered the clocks and it didn't throttle. ;)

i have an unlocked bios mate :) so what do u think should be changed exactly? there are tons of options in overclocking section in my BIOS which i dont much about them :D that's why ur help would be great
and yet too soon to get at the end of the road ;) i have a long way to go

If you can't extract the GPU bios, you can't mod it for increase, period.
Without the mod, you cannot add more voltage. Adding more voltage will not stop your throttling, it will worsen it.
What do you not understand here?
The advice that you were already given, to find the point where you throttle and stay below it is the best that you can do.
I suggest you listen to it.

If you can't extract the GPU bios, you can't mod it for increase, period.
Without the mod, you cannot add more voltage. Adding more voltage will not stop your throttling, it will worsen it.
What do you not understand here?
The advice that you were already given, to find the point where you throttle and stay below it is the best that you can do.
I suggest you listen to it.
can be modded in the bios itself !

i have an unlocked bios mate :) so what do u think should be changed exactly? there are tons of options in overclocking section in my BIOS which i dont much about them :D that's why ur help would be great
and yet too soon to get at the end of the road ;) i have a long way to go
I dont think you are understanding....let me try to clarify.

Your 'unlocked' BIOS is for the CPU. There is nothing in that BIOS that could be changed in order to increase the power limit (problem #1), or to increase the temperature that the GPU throttles at (problem #2). For all intents and purposes, you are done with your overclocking.

You are welcome to post some pictures up of your BIOS.... and we can confirm 100% I am correct (instead of 99.9%, LOL).

I dont think you are understanding....let me try to clarify.

Your 'unlocked' BIOS is for the CPU. There is nothing in that BIOS that could be changed in order to increase the power limit (problem #1), or to increase the temperature that the GPU throttles at (problem #2). For all intents and purposes, you are done with your overclocking.

You are welcome to post some pictures up of your BIOS.... and we can confirm 100% I am correct (instead of 99.9%, LOL).

right, i tried the gpuz and it says it does not support. is there any other way to exract my vBIOS? thx

Back