• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sleeved Cables Kits.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cspencer

Registered
Looking for any recommendations on sleeved cables? I like the flexibility of paracord, but I'm not tied down to that material. Just curious to what some of you have used and experienced. Not sure if this right subforum for this, so sorry if it is not.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Are you looking to mod the cables yourself or buy premade cable set? What psu are you planning on doing this to?

Premade preferably, for I have very little time to play as fun as it looks!!! (aka I have a 4 year old). The PSU I was looking at was the Corsair RM850I which I'm not tied to.

I believe on Corsairs website you can buy sleeved power cables for the various models in several different colors.

What are you planning to power with that psu. You may be able to get away with a smaller one and use the difference to pick up a nice set of alleged cables.

i5 6600k
asus sabertooth z170
NVidia Titan
2 SSD
2 1TB hardrives
16 GB Ram
Corsair Watercooler CPU only

That unit it's more than enough for that setup you could probably get away all the way down to a 650watt unit. I see New egg has that unit on sale for 120 which is a good price. They also have an EVGA 750 platinum rated psu for the same price. Either would do good for you.

I'd run the system off of an EVGA G2 550W and not think twice about it.
There are colored modular cable sets made, and sold, by EVGA for these as well.

Does a 550w give me any headroom for upgrading to an SLi configuration? I have in my current build Corsair AX750, but haven't decided if im going to part it out or sell the system as whole?

No, are you even running a resolution deemed necessary of SLI though?

Not so worried about resolution as i am GPU power I use it also for 3dmax and Photoshop rendering... I know i should be using a Tesla chip but this is less expensive. will be running 2 screens at 1600x1200

I doubt you'll need two, but to stay safe you can grab a G2 750W or 850W.

Last time I dealt with Icemodz (for a remote controlled RGB LED strip) the shipping seemed very reasonable.

I got a nice chuckle when I saw your avatar was Ackbar dressed as a naval admiral when you joined :p

Personally, I've enjoyed sleeving with paracord and am partial to how it looks. Especially if you want any sort of pattern on your sleeving. If you get coreless paracord, you get a nice tight weave.

I know the time missing struggle having a 10 year old and a 7mo old myself. I found I gained time by sleeving in the evening while the wife and I relaxed for the occasional TV show. Kept the wife happy because I was right next to her on the couch.... just had to try not to make a huge mess.

Back