• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I save my Matrix RAID array?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I was working with Kaspersky Rescue 10 USB utility trying to get it to update (repeatedly errored out) and it apparently messed up two of my mirrored drives that had been mounted and they are now both offline in BIOS and Windows Disk management doesn't see them. The Intel Windows app sees them and I didn't see a way to repair the array without loosing the data. I can access them in BIOS Matrix, but don't want to lose any data rebuilding. They both show metadata that I want to preserve.

How do I safely bring them both online and reestablish the mirror array? :eek:

BTW Kaspersky 10 rescue used to be great a few years ago to fix hopelessly infected PCs, but it's long in the tooth and doesn't really work anymore. :rolleyes:

If they were mirrored, you should be able to turn off RAID and read them directly or pop them in another machine.

If you want to fix the issue, I'm not sure what to suggest. I had similar issues when I ran the onboard RAID, and I don't use it now for that exact reason. I could never trigger a rebuild and it would wipe the drives if the array ever broke. It was frustrating, to say the least.

Last edited:
Interesting. I created and ran a Bitdefender USB iso. The Gentoo isolinex can read the array, but it still shows offline in BIOS and missing in Windows.

I could unplug both drives and reboot, then replug them in and reboot. Maybe Matrix will reacquire them like when I moved them over as a mirrored set from another Intel computer.

Known issue

Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Now this is really weird: All my VMWare VMs are stored on the off line drive RAID 1 array. I started my Winten VM and it took a very long time to load, but it did load and is functional. How is that possible?

Last edited:
Back