• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

attempting STEAM on2 PC's I wonder what to expect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

motherboard1

So, I just about have 2 PC's and was attempting to make a second STEAM account with the same email address. I expected it to result in an empty Library in the new account to which I could gift games from my primary account, but as it turns out I've got 2 nearly identical accounts. Not exactly what I was going for because I want to be able to run 2 games Locally Online with the assumption that I would need to buy a second KEY. Knowing that STEAM is not going to allow me to run 2 copies of the same game on 2 PC's this leaves me in a pickle, I know I could use a non Gmail account to run another STEAM account but I like things nice and tidy.

Not really a question, but if you've ever ventured into this kind of thing with STEAM or Origin, please share your experience. Surely I'm not the only one that has ever attempted to play online games Locally with friends ( not counting friends who have their own Gear/accounts and happen to show up with their PC's on their backs )

One of the features of Steam is to be able to use it on multiple computers with the same account, just you can only use one computer at a time. So if you are trying to play on 2 different PC's at the same time you will have to use different accounts.

The idea was to have two games on LAN using two accounts using the same Gmail ( gmail and gmail+1 ) but I think STEAM knows they are associated, I'll figure it out soon.

Also I was under the impression that a STEAM library game can be gifted one time. Maybe that is old information, I'm not seeing a place to gift any game in my Library though I'm sure I read it on google.

Should be able to make new accounts with the same email address, as I have an alt account that uses the same email GMAIL address for CSGO so I can play with friends that are low ranks. None of my games from my primary account with 180 games shows up on the new account. Just hover over Library and select "My Games" to show the list of games specific to that account.

Should be able to make new accounts with the same email address, as I have an alt account that uses the same email GMAIL address for CSGO so I can play with friends that are low ranks. None of my games from my primary account with 180 games shows up on the new account. Just hover over Library and select "My Games" to show the list of games specific to that account.

Ok right I see that now, I was in the wrong library and thought that STEAM was treating them both as the same account, didn't know why the new account was able to see the previous accounts games, still don't I guess.

Back