• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to get more out of a FX-6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
from what im seein from your screenies to now screenies your vcore has gone from 1.5 to 1.2 so how hasnt anything changed ??

That's because someone on here told me to reset everything to default so he can walk me through it but I've not heard anything since :(

That was probably me. I see you have your ram set now that's good. Now go into BIOS and make sure C&Q ,C1E, C6 are disabled. Does that Gigabyte board have LLC ? If so set it to a medium setting not sure the terminology on Giga. Have APM and HPC enabled as well. Then I'd set the voltage to about 1.4 and raise the multiplier to about 4.2 and test. See how it goes and watch what the voltage does compared to your 1.4v set in bios. This will indicate whether or not we need a change in the LLC setting

Screenshots are more useful I suppose to show my progress, so here they are :)

Attachments

• 160425205906.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 266
  • 160425205959.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 265
  • 160425210015.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 267
  • 160425210041.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 265
  • Test.png
    Test.png
    137 KB · Views: 269
Looks like you've got a few throttling cores. I'd get the voltages off auto, and manually set the values that are listed. I'd bump llc up to the next level also. The goal is to be as close under load to what it's set at, without dropping below the set value.

I'm not sure exactly how to manually set the voltages other than what I've already done, but some others have recommended I turn off APM as it apparently stops the core throttling on my board. What do you reckon?

I think you leave apm enabled on a giga board. See what happens when you bump load line calibration up to the next level. As far as the voltages, I was talking about everything else besides vCore. NBCore, ram, htlink, etc. IDK that's what I'd do.

This one is a rev,4 board so try disabling APM and see if that fixes the throttling. Gigabyte made 5 revisions to that board so it's hard to say that what works for one will work for all of them. Also turn core performance boost on and keep the boost clock = to you OC clock setting. I would also do as DNR suggested and raise the LLC from medium to high

Back