• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Email issues..Windows live mail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Hello everybody,
My Mother has a unique way of coming up with the weirdest problems on her computer and this latest one is a doosy.

She was running WinXP and windows live email, and started having problems with the email losing text in the body of the message, and because her computer as well as the OS was getting long in the tooth,and running out of hdd space, we decided that I would order her a refurbished computer from the egg, and after all the configuration and everything looks good, she calls me and says some of her text just disappears which was the exact same problem on the other system, and part of the reason for the upgrade.

I have never had this happen to me, and never heard of it happening to anybody other than my Mom and the person she writes to...They have been going back and forth doing "scrabble", where one would email a word, then the other would add a word with the same sound..they have been doing this for more than a year now, but in the last few months, this missing text thing happens. They have even tried to cut/paste into a new email and still gets the missing words :confused: I have googled every wording that I can think of, but all I can find is how to recover lost or deleted email...which is not Mom's prob.
Any help would be most apreciated, and Thanks in acvance,
Doc

I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes...nothing unusual except for a couple of download assistants which I removed...I swear, between my Mom, and her Cousin, they can surely "invent" some weird computer issues that no-one has ever seen b4.

Oh well, it keeps me interested if not somewhat confused :)

Continuing on, AVG and Nod32 have issues with Windows live. Do not use them. If you are, remove them.

You're not alone. My mother in law gets the weird problems also. I attribute it to being a spastic clicker.

Back