• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapest way to show 4k anything on display monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JT!

In the store I work at we have a 4k 27" monitor that is just turned off. Looks **** next to all the tv's that are turned on. It is our only 4k device. I was trying to figure out the cheapest way to display something 4k (even if it was just a 20 second looping video file) on this thing. It has HDMI 2 and DP that will accept 4k at 60htz.

Any ideas?

If it's a smart tv and you have wifi just netflix or youtube.

Edit: Drop a few 4k vids on a flash drive if it has a usb port.

No usb port. No wifi. And a ps4 is not really a cheap option haha. I'm not sure this is doable.

Chromecast is $45 and who doesn't have an Android device these days?

That is true but would you not need an android device tethered to the chromecast constantly? I am not sure as I have never used a chromecast device. I figured the compute stick was basically standaloneand could be left unmonitored.

Yes it would. I haven't used it yet and it may not be an option at all if wifi is required. It was just a suggestion to look into.

No worries, all suggestions are helpful I am just not familiar with that technology and was wondering what the advantages/limitations of that device are.

Thanks for the help guys. I think it's not doable. Chomecast would require an internet connection. Thanks anyway! Wish it had a demo mode!

NP JT!. It might be helpful if you listed what model TV you're working with. Maybe then we could see what it's connectors and capabilities are.

Are there any computers in the store, why not just hook it up to a computer through your HDMI input and then anything you can get on the computer you can show on the monitor.

Back