• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG PROJECT ALPHA OMEGA (modded Corsair SPEC-ALPHA)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow you churned that build out fast! And it looks spectacular!!
I love all the green accents it works well with the light blue coolant :thup:

Looks like you had a really good time at the launch party too! Lucky guy!!

Looking great Alex! That release party looks like a blast.

2 questions.

1. Is Tom still working with nVidia or was he fired after the initial release party? Lol (this is in reference to the communication issues they were having. I doubt he was actually fired)

2. Are there plans for fan grill to protect your digits or just live on the wild side?

Thanks man! Hahaha I assume he still is though this was NVIDIA ANZ so different staff :)

As for the fans - just live on the wild side hahaha, I have no plans to cover anything :p

Wow you churned that build out fast! And it looks spectacular!!
I love all the green accents it works well with the light blue coolant :thup:

Looks like you had a really good time at the launch party too! Lucky guy!!

Thanks a lot mate! Yea I had to finish it pretty quickly, it was shipped out on Monday last week and I should get it back tomorrow. Fingers crossed it arrives in one piece :D

NWoCKFT.jpg

Hi guys,

I have some good and bad news unfortunately. The good news is, the build has just come back this morning from Melbourne and the bad news is that it is slightly damaged. It seems like the bottom of the box took at little hit.

There's a bit of a dent at the bottom however it can easily be put back with some hand force. I'm guessing from the shock as well that the acrylic on the front panel was shaken a bit and it ended up going into the fans scratching the green painted rings.

I'll be spending a couple of days this week on it before I bring you the final photos :)

However, for now I'll leave you with this quick video I took of the Bitspower waterblocks for the ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Strix graphics cards that I have in this build atm which will eventually go on the two cards :D

A few things I forgot to mention in the video. The waterblock comes with no backplate as it is fully compatible with the original backplate on the card meaning you can still use the RGB features on the original backplate. That combined with the RGB feature in the waterblock and should be a pretty nice looking set up :)

Also, I'm thinking with an extender as well as a splitter cable between two waterblocks, it should be able to be connected to an RGB controller on the new ASUS motherboards for more easy control.

Hope you guys enjoy this small update.

Stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

Damn Alex that sucks!!!

Can never trust the mail couriers... It's like they play basketball sometimes! :rofl:

Damn Alex that sucks!!!

Can never trust the mail couriers... It's like they play basketball sometimes! :rofl:

Hahaha definitely :))

Dude, you're crazy. :D

But your combination of tech and aesthetic sense is amazing. :D

Thanks a lot man haha :D

- - - Updated - - -

NWoCKFT.jpg

Hi guys,

Good news! The build is back in one piece and fortunately none of the components were damaged! :D

Some quick phone snaps before the final photoshoot!

S4hAC0H.jpg

GtZRq8Q.jpg

LTFtt9N.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Can't wait for the final pics!!!

Ever since i first saw you use Mayhem's aurora in your loops ive always loved it and wanted to try it!

NWoCKFT.jpg

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late post, I've been super busy with work and some upcoming events!

Here are the final pics for the build!

9xLzvCH.jpg

0pYmvoX.jpg

SW6aHhs.jpg

95T8P1O.jpg

OrTR3Sw.jpg

GRQ9vnw.jpg

klZKSjL.jpg

ZcaopCH.jpg

5QeEuFA.jpg

RVyRo16.jpg

s8eEHLx.jpg

K8ItBMZ.jpg

33sWSIY.jpg

WYMAlzp.jpg

L149X5u.jpg

Hope you guys like it and stay tuned as I'll have some videos and more content for this build!

Cheers,

Alex

Love it Alex! That is one sweet mod. Stunning!! :thup:

Personally, I would have liked to see some red LEDs inside the case. I think that would have looked really cool, like a rainbow kinda theme or something :)

Regardless of what I think I absolutely love it, it's up there with the green molecule!

Love it Alex! That is one sweet mod. Stunning!! :thup:

Personally, I would have liked to see some red LEDs inside the case. I think that would have looked really cool, like a rainbow kinda theme or something :)

Regardless of what I think I absolutely love it, it's up there with the green molecule!

Thanks a lot mate, appreciated! Ahh red LEDs would have ruined the NVIDIA theme :p

NWoCKFT.jpg

Hi guys,

The build plus a few of my others were on display at an NVIDIA NFAN event yesterday hosted at the flagship Microsoft Store in Sydney!

Will have photos and a video from the event soon however here's some quick snaps of how I transported the builds there hehe :p

W94cMhi.jpg

KGCVVtY.jpg

qpnhgJd.jpg

J8DZVut.jpg

ETsZYfo.jpg

lseGSVO.jpg

Some of you may not have seen the gold one before. I will have a build log for this one up soon, it will be a post build log as the build has been finished for a few months now. I just didn't have time to do a build log at the time due to being in the process of moving to another city and adjusting :)

Anyways, stay tuned for more on Project Alpha Omega!

Cheers,

Alex

NWoCKFT.jpg

Hi guys,

Here are the photos from the NVIDIA NFAN event held at the flagship Microsoft Store in Sydney!

6KMz9W7.jpg

7Kl7Ima.jpg

hZzjm4O.jpg

shmJpSJ.jpg

Sd4CiAt.jpg

x7SK1DP.jpg

07Y3fCX.jpg

Ru3ZOo0.jpg

lj5Ir3U.jpg

uBgEE3t.jpg

pBpaLmJ.jpg

I'll have the video from the event up next, just need to edit it :)

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

This is an amazing looking build! All 3 of them!
The black and green though, That's one hell of a mean machine! :)

NWoCKFT.jpg

Hi guys,

I have the highlight video from the NVIDIA NFAN event last weekend with the build plus some of my others on display! Enjoy :D

Cheers,

Alex

NWoCKFT.jpg

Hi guys,

I have the highlight video from the NVIDIA NFAN event last weekend with the build plus some of my others on display! Enjoy :D

Cheers,

Alex

Nice Alex! Looks like it was fun!
Also looks like you supplied all the gaming power too! :thup:

Well done, also sub'd for future videos! :D

NWoCKFT.jpg

Hi guys,

I've put together a showcase video for the build with some gameplay.

Set-up in the video:

MONITOR - ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q Monitor
KEYBOARD - Corsair STRAFE RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
MOUSE - Corsair M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse
MOUSE MAT - ASUS ROG Sheath Desk
HEADSET - Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset

Hope you guys enjoy it :)

Cheers,

Alex

Back