• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overlocking HD 7970 (R9 280X)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M4rt4Z

Hello,
I tried to overclock my hd7970 memory, when I add 5mhz and I want to startup Google Chrome or play video in chrome my display crashes, I must hard reset. In benchmark It's ok, I tried 1725mhz and I got 993 points in heaven benchmark 4.0 (all on max, Full HD).
So I tried bios of R9 280X, where is 1550mhz on memory (On HD 7970 was 1500mhz), and It works OK! But still, when I try to add some mhz... same problem. So I want to try overlock memory through bios, I downloaded software called VBE7, but It can affect only the legacy bios, UEFI part will be disabled.
What it means? Will I lose fast boot, UEFI environment in bios of MB, or I heard I will must reinstal OS??
Thanks

Flash back the 7970 bios and use trixx modded. It has memory voltage setting (you can go up to 1.65v for GDDR voltage). You should be able to squeeze 100 to 200MHz.

Trixx 4.4.0b modded enclosed.
View attachment 180820

Already tried, same result. I can add voltage, but I add 5mhz and it crashes when I try open browser. Tried different drivers and bioses.

No one knows what can happen after disabling UEFI on GPU bios? :(

Can you give us a full spec of your card? Maker, how much voltage you are currently throwing at it, clocks, everything.

Back