• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga 1070 vs Asus 1070

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueknight1960

Registered
In the next few months I plan on buying the 1070 gpu. My problem is I can't decide which one, so I'm looking for some input. Here are the cards I'm looking at.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 08G-P4-6276-KR 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 Video Card

ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card

They are both the same price on newegg at the moment. I'll be upgrading from an Evga gtx 960 ftw.

I'd take the FTW, EVGA has better support if you ever need it :thup:

You'd be fine with either, I'd look up reviews about which has better temps/noise etc if that matters to you. Overall for better support I've heard (but not experienced either way) that EVGA's support is the top of the pack, so take that as you will.

Thanks for the input, as far as noise,it doesn't bother me and my case has very good airflow so temps won't be a problem. I like the looks of the Evga but the Asus has 2 hdmi ports. I guess I could always buy a hdmi to display port cable. either way I still have a couple months before buying.

I'm actually using a 55' vizio 4k uhd tv. I'd like to get a 4k monitor but the prices are too high, plus I like a big screen. I only play a few games so response time isn't that big a deal and I never play online games.

Here's my thought on the 2 hdmi connections. I have another tv that I may or may not connect. But like I said I can always buy a hdmi-display port cable.

I definitely wouldn't let that limit your choice... lots of cheap options for cables.

Can't go wrong with the EVGA if you are at all concerned about customer support and/or RMA.

Yea the more I think about it,the Evga sounds better. I like their products and never had any problem from them. So it looks like team Evga won. Thanks for all the input.

FTW is the only full non-reference GTX1070 and has double power section etc. All other EVGA are reference or with changed cooler but it doesn't change much. I wouldn't worry about generated noise as even reference cooler is really quiet.

EVGA has better support as it was already mentioned. Except that you won't see any difference as even overclocking for now is exactly the same regardless which version you pick.

I have used EVGA RMA 1 time...and it was top notch. Every time I have contacted with a question they are quick to respond.

I am purchasing a GTX 1080...but I will only by an EVGA card and have to wait until I get lucky to find a place that has stock!

I'm sure by the time I save up enough to buy there should be plenty in stock.

EDIT:Since I'm not in that big of a hurry to buy,all the hoopla should have settle down some.

Last edited:

Attachments

• chrome_2016-07-15_15-01-37.png
    chrome_2016-07-15_15-01-37.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 4,539
I am doing this.

But by the time I go to any site and try to order...they are out of stock!

(And don't believe the current Best Buy in stock...order today, and you might get by the end of next week...that's not "in stock"...that's "hope to have in stock soon") :D

I am doing this.

But by the time I go to any site and try to order...they are out of stock!

(And don't believe the current Best Buy in stock...order today, and you might get by the end of next week...that's not "in stock"...that's "hope to have in stock soon") :D

Generally you will have around 10minutes from what I've seen thus far when something is listed as in-stock. That gave me plenty of time to actually order when I got the text via my phone as the link to the product page is sent in the text, just click it, then click Add to Cart, Buy, voila. Should take no longer than 30seconds-1min assuming you have your card on file with NewEgg/Amazon.

As far as Best Buy's stock, I went to the store in Jackson, TN to see if any were available there and nada. Had them look up all stores in the region from Memphis to Nashville including stores in Kentucky, and 0 stock listed for every single store from what I saw on the screen. These things are selling like hotcakes, that includes the RX480 too.

But back to NowInStock, I just set up text alerts for FTW edition only for Amazon and NewEgg and it's worked a treat. If I end up waiting weeks to find one in stock again, I'll probably be using this site again, hell I may use it to pick up a 480 here soon since it's worked so well to get these 2 1080's.

Back