• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVIDIA GTX 980 WRONG BIOS FLASH HELP.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TretijRebenok

Hi, im new on this forum and i need help, for flashing a new clean bios for my Inno 3d gtx 980 herculez x3, i just know the commands for flash, i put off write protection, from dos( Windows) and from dos(usb key bios)
and nothing happened, i flash a lot of time, in gpuz when i flash the serial number of the bios appears, after a reboot, i don t see nothing, im using a dual gpu solution, so in the main slot im using an old ati 5750, and in the secondary slot pci e x4 im using the gtx 980, please help, i don t want to lost 500 dollars of videocard

Im confused...

so, the cards are working, you have a picture on screen. Is it from the 980 or 5750? You are saying GPUz does not show the bios on teh 980 now? Why not try reflashing?

Im confused...

so, the cards are working, you have a picture on screen. Is it from the 980 or 5750? You are saying GPUz does not show the bios on teh 980 now? Why not try reflashing?
no the card isn t work, the screen is by 5750, but on gpuz i can see the 980 too, like this, and of course, i tried a lot of time reflash, but without results. Cattura.PNG

Borked the flash... reflash with default bios.

Why are you changing the bios anyway???

for changing voltage and power table, and of course i tried to reflash with default bios, but nothing, when i reboot with the gtx 980 in the main pci-e slot without the 5750, only black screen

Sorry i assumed you didnt... many people come here and dont try the obvious...and you didnt say you did.

Sounds borked to me if you forced flashing and write protect was off.

I never suggest flashing anything without a dual bios for this specific reason. I hope someone can help you out. I will keep my fingers crossed and eyes on the thread. :)

Sorry i assumed you didnt... many people come here and dont try the obvious...and you didnt say you did.

Sounds borked to me if you forced flashing and write protect was off.

I never suggest flashing anything without a dual bios for this specific reason. I hope someone can help you out. I will keep my fingers crossed and eyes on the thread. :)
I know, last time flash goes ok, but this time i put some wrong value on the bios and goes wrong, i don t know, anyway thank you for help T.T i hope to find a fix, because i remove write protection, flash a lot of times, with index command too for multigpu, and nothing

You'll need to do a reflash in DOS most likely not windows.

You'll need to do a reflash in DOS most likely not windows.

i tried with dos, using a bootable usb key, but it doesn t show me the confirmation for the update, like pressing 2 times y. i don t know maybe is a wrong version?

It can be a tricky thing to get right. Check your commands also if you have both cards in you need to direct Nvflash to the correct one.

It can be a tricky thing to get right. Check your commands also if you have both cards in you need to direct Nvflash to the correct one.

i used the command --list and after, index command for directly flash the right card. and nothing, it doesn t confirm the flash RG2YKQGr.jpg

Last edited:
All you have to do is to type nvflash bios.rom -4 -5 -6 ( or -6 depends from used version ) and if in windows you see graphics card then it should work and force flash BIOS. Especially when you have AMD card as 2nd one then you shouldn't need to add pcie slot but you can try nvflash 1 bios.rom -4 -5 -6 ( or only -6 ) where 1 is 2nd pcie slot ( 1st slot will be 0 ).
Clearly you should read some more before flashing your card. Most forum users have no idea what are they doing while editing graphics card BIOS. A lot of these "heroes" are on overclock.net so read twice all advices on these forums.

All you have to do is to type nvflash bios.rom -4 -5 -6 ( or -6 depends from used version ) and if in windows you see graphics card then it should work and force flash BIOS. Especially when you have AMD card as 2nd one then you shouldn't need to add pcie slot but you can try nvflash 1 bios.rom -4 -5 -6 ( or only -6 ) where 1 is 2nd pcie slot ( 1st slot will be 0 ).
Clearly you should read some more before flashing your card. Most forum users have no idea what are they doing while editing graphics card BIOS. A lot of these "heroes" are on overclock.net so read twice all advices on these forums.

i did this too, but nothing change, if i download, team viewer, can you make it for me? i don t know what to do now

There's a lot of really good people over at overclock.net that have worked tirelessly to bring custom bios versions to those who ask for them, and offer great assistance when they do.

:screwy:

HIII i'am italian boy and I have the same problem with this thread!!!!! please help mee:(

Back