• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Flash my bios using q flash plus .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kr7777

I have a gigabyte b550 auros pro ac board just arrived did copy bios file and renamed the bios file to GIGABYTE.bin after that I inserted my usb drive to white port in board power on my PSU, my board light blinks once after that I press and hold bios flash button but nothing happens except my flash drive blinks once, please help .

Make sure you have extracted the file if needed, looks like you have the naming and USB slot correct. With the USB drive it must be formatted in FAT32 and the BIOS file can't be in a folder on the flash drive.

Make sure you have extracted the file if needed, looks like you have the naming and USB slot correct. With the USB drive it must be formatted in FAT32 and the BIOS file can't be in a folder on the flash drive.
thanks for your reply.
yes my USB drive is formatted to FAT32 and bios file isn't in any folder.
BTW this is the readme file that came with my bios.

Usage :
efiflash [Input or Output File Name] [Command]..

Switch options for Efiflash.exe:
/C - Clear DMI data. (default: Keep DMI data)
/S - Save Original BIOS Image to Disk
/R - Reboot System after BIOS Update
/DB- Update both main & backup BIOS

i think i have to rename my BIOS file cant figure out to what.

This is from the manual:

Q-Flash Plus Button (Note 3)
Q-Flash Plus allows you to update the BIOS when your system is off (S5 shutdown state). Save the latest BIOS on a USB thumb drive and plug it into the Q-Flash Plus port, and then you can now flash the BIOS automatically by simply pressing the Q-Flash Plus button. The QFLED will flash when the BIOS matching and flashing activities start and will stop flashing when the BIOS flashing is complete.

I assume you have the PC off but PSU switch on, you can always power on the PC and go in to the BIOS and flash it there.

This is from the manual:

Q-Flash Plus Button (Note 3)
Q-Flash Plus allows you to update the BIOS when your system is off (S5 shutdown state). Save the latest BIOS on a USB thumb drive and plug it into the Q-Flash Plus port, and then you can now flash the BIOS automatically by simply pressing the Q-Flash Plus button. The QFLED will flash when the BIOS matching and flashing activities start and will stop flashing when the BIOS flashing is complete.
Yes did the same but the Q flash led doesn't do anything.
yes i have the PC off because I don't have my CPU (waiting for ryzen 5000) so I thought of flashing my bios to the latest in order to support ryzen 5000 as u dont need CPU GPU storage or RAM for Q flash plus to work I connected 8 pin EPS and 24 pin cable, inserted USB drive in Q flash port and press q flash button it should have started to flash but it simply does nothing.
Also, can I install ryzen 5000 series (when I have it) install RAM GPU storage then simply use Q flash to flash my bios if I can I will wait for my CPU to arrive then update my bios.

Yes did the same but the Q flash led doesn't do anything.
yes i have the PC off because I don't have my CPU (waiting for ryzen 5000) so I thought of flashing my bios to the latest in order to support ryzen 5000 as u dont need CPU GPU storage or RAM for Q flash plus to work I connected 8 pin EPS and 24 pin cable, inserted USB drive in Q flash port and press q flash button it should have started to flash but it simply does nothing.
Also, can I install ryzen 5000 series (when I have it) install RAM GPU storage then simply use Q flash to flash my bios if I can I will wait for my CPU to arrive then update my bios.

I don't know if you can or not but you can try, it won't hurt anything.

Back