• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Triple Monitors (Never Plan to Use NVIDIA Surround) and graphics card choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajy0903

So, let's say someone will be using triple monitor, but never going to use NVIDIA 2D/3D Surround for their life time.

Does that person still needs powerful graphics card?

I know using triple monitor with NVIDIA 2D/3D Surround requires powerful graphics card, but if not using that feature, I don't know.

So, I asked here.

It still depends on what you will use it for and the resolution of the monitors.

In short, Surround will use much more horsepower because of triple the pixels but your base uses will determine the card you choose.

The person in the question will use "Three 1080p Monitors", without using NVIDIA 2D/3D Surround.
Also, that person will be using just web browsing and video/webcam chatting.

In that case, a low power card would suffice. Just make sure that you have the connectors that you need to avoid the added cost of adapters.

Then just using any NVIDIA 900/1000 series is fine?
If so, I will tell that person about what you said.
Cause "that person" is currently in planning to have new custom computer, which I will build it for "that person".

Oh, ok, cool.
Thanks for reply.
I will tell that person about what you said.
Have a nice day.

Back