• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want SSD in (hopefully) near future...questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
right...but when I was a very young lad (about 4) my family had a pet Cardinal and SHE was BROWN as a little Bear...:sly:...True story really I will never forget her...I accidentally killed her trying to keep her in the room with me...I closed the door on her as she was flying out:(...still can see it vividly in my mind 56 years later

perhaps we should get back to discussing SSDs...some Administrator might decide to close the thread or something...you know how they are

Ok... an ultra m.2 slot. That will take from the cpu pcie lanes as on z97 it is the only ones that are pcie3. As luta mentioned, there are negligible performance losses running game pcie3.0 8x.

Since I didn't see anyone else mention it, there really is no benefit to buying that drive you linked to compared to a standard 2.5" ssd. It's more expensive and offers no performance advantage. Since you're running a desktop I'd just grab a standard size drive and not worry about any of this m.2 .

Now if your budget allows, by all means go ahead and grab an nvme m.2 drive as that will be significantly faster. The recently announced 960 evo might be just the ticket for you since you are still a few months away from purchasing.

Back