• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Case Fan Roundup: Twenty Three 120 mm Case Fans Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Case fans are supposed to cool your case. Some vendors still refer to all computer fans as "case" fans. But in this review, we will use the term "case fan" to refer to a specific kind of cooling fan -- a fixed speed fan designed to cool computer cases. Today we might want to call them non-PWM fans. These fans are "set 'em and forget 'em" fans (except that some of you insist on using fan controllers to vary the speeds of your fans, imagine that!). In any case (get it?) we're going to look at 23 case fans in 33 different settings.

Click here to view the article.

The Rosewill Hyperborea is quite the surprise there! Too bad there aren't LED versions it seems. Cheaper than the Noctua next to it, and the CM Jetflo and its hanging right there with them. Interesting!

Would have liked to see the Arctic F12 on this review. I know i know, theres no winning with review roundups lol.

Thanks Ed, this is one part often overlooked.

The Rosewill Hyperborea is quite the surprise there! Too bad there aren't LED versions it seems. Cheaper than the Noctua next to it, and the CM Jetflo and its hanging right there with them. Interesting!

Would have liked to see the Arctic F12 on this review. I know i know, theres no winning with review roundups lol.

The Arctic 12 that I have is a PWM fan. I tested it in this review. I don't have a fixed-speed Arctic F12, so I could not include it in this review.

Back