• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New? Old? CPU core A7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
More info on the new A7 cores:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1613533/new-cpu-core-ax7-not-sure-if-this-is-news

My supermicro 4p AMD 6276 is producing about 340k ppd up from about 120k on the A4 core.

I sure hope this is a real result for CPU folding and not just an experimental thing that will lose point value quickly.
It has been a while since CPU folding has been worth much.

PPD has gone nuts with the last 2 generations of cards, there is no reason why CPU's should not get some love, especially as A7 is AVX enabled

Is the Windows client pulling a7 cores, or is this Linux only?

This is a quote from Overclock.net

"It appears I've got one as well. Core AX7 with the SIMD as avx_256. I'm running the "client type - beta" flag on Windows with a 6600K."

So Windows is in on the fun too!!

I am using the "advanced" flag and that is receiving the A7 core as well.

Interesting that the AVX instructions first showed up in 2011 and it took until 2016 to implement them in FAH.

---------new--------

My Xeon W3570 3.2ghz just picked up an A7 core and has doubled its points from 16k to 33k ppd. That CPU doesn't have AVX....interesting.

Last edited:
Yeah Kraken doesn't work with A7, and i'm not sure if it will be or needs to be updated, Tear - the author of the Kraken, has retired and I'm not sure if he can be coaxed back or not. The other thing is, I don't know if it actually needs updated or if the core has load balancing built in.

Back