• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New MSI 3060 TI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's the old 4P running 32 threads in Ubuntu VM. I'll try Windows next.

Code:
 Name: Ubunteron 1 Slot 00
 Proc: CPU:32 / AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6174
 Number of Frames Observed: 59

Min. Time / Frame : 00:02:09 - 77,202.10 PPD
 Avg. Time / Frame : 00:02:13 - 73,745.74 PPD

Untitled.png

Hawk, what version of Windows 10 are you running? My 4P doesn't see an update past 1909. I have the 21H1 iso and can force it, but I'm wondering if there are compatibility issues with this old hardware.

Numbers from Windows client... slightly less performant.

Code:
 Name: Quadteron Slot 00
 Proc: CPU:32 / AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6174
 Number of Frames Observed: 100

Min. Time / Frame : 00:05:41 - 65,354.5 PPD
 Avg. Time / Frame : 00:05:44 - 64,501.5 PPD

Hawk, what version of Windows 10 are you running? My 4P doesn't see an update past 1909. I have the 21H1 iso and can force it, but I'm wondering if there are compatibility issues with this old hardware.

Right now I have 1 of my 4P's updating/upgrading to 20H2, it was 1903. I have not had this 1 on for a long time :) don't know what the other 1 is at off hand.

Right now I have 1 of my 4P's updating/upgrading to 20H2, it was 1903. I have not had this 1 on for a long time :) don't know what the other 1 is at off hand.

Let me know how that goes please. Your CPUs are a generation newer; otherwise, it's the same platform. One thing that really holds my Magny-Cours CPUs back is lack of AVX. I see your Bulldozer based CPUs have AVX.

Let me know how that goes please. Your CPUs are a generation newer; otherwise, it's the same platform. One thing that really holds my Magny-Cours CPUs back is lack of AVX. I see your Bulldozer based CPUs have AVX.

I can't fold on this 4P because it's on the same breaker as 2 of my i7 X99 systems with 2 GTX 1080's and that would pop the breaker, but I can turn it on and surf the internet with it :)
I would need someone to come in and add a few more breakers to run both 4P's at same time.

I can't fold on this 4P because it's on the same breaker as 2 of my i7 X99 systems with 2 GTX 1080's and that would pop the breaker, but I can turn it on and surf the internet with it :)
I would need someone to come in and add a few more breakers to run both 4P's at same time.
I'll be down there tomorrow...GE? Square D? Siemens? I just added a sub panel to fit my 50A Generator.:salute:

Picked up another 3060, vanilla this time. Much smaller card than the TI. Really doesn't have much of an edge over what my 2060 could do.

3060.png

Back