• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching Brands....?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

What's going on guys, I have been looking around online and see lots of different answers elsewhere so wanted to ask here. I will be getting my new GPU's tomorrow and they're AMD. I have only ever run Nvidia cards on this PC. What is the best process for removing the Nvidia stuff and getting the AMD stuff on there. I want to have the least bit of issues possible created from errors on my part here.

Thanks for the help, just never switched brands like this on a PC it was always one or the other for the builds I have done for others.

Remove the drivers for the Nvidia GPU and everything should be fine.
Install the AMD GPU and install drivers for it.
Best brand for AMD IMO is Sapphire. If you are getting an RX480 i heard that XFX made a good cooler for it.

Remove the drivers for the Nvidia GPU and everything should be fine.
Install the AMD GPU and install drivers for it.
Best brand for AMD IMO is Sapphire. If you are getting an RX480 i heard that XFX made a good cooler for it.

I was getting the XFX GTR with the cooler you speak of but then decided this build will end up under water so I went with ref design for ease of getting WB's........I might upgrade my wife's PC with the air cooled XFX though.

Back