• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop/Netbook Recommendation- Spec Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

A few years ago I bought a netbook from HP. This model https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-...004IN85QQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I really loved it. It was 300$, had a 300gig 7200RPM hard drive all the bells/whistles, plus a keyboard that was about 97% of a full size one.

Fast forward about 5 years later, and I can't find any maker that makes something similar with a decent sized amount of storage space at 7200RPMs. I've always found 5400RPMs just too slow.

One of my concerns is a lot of these laptops/netbooks come with Win10. It's my understanding Win10 just automatically downloads updates, basically just filling your hard drive with OS. I'm concerned that some small form factor laptops that have 256 SSD will be too much over time.

Is this the case? IF so, why did computer makers offer smaller laptops that basically have less technology in some ways at higher prices it seems than when I bought my HP?

Is there a small form factor, say 13" laptop out there with a decent amount of storage, somewhat/fast CPU, that is sub 600$ ??

It seems to get what I want, I need to drop 800-1,000.00$:confused:

Back