• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Target with Open Box PS4 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Well just had a very unique experience at Target the other day. As it stands PS4 Pro costs $400 new and a PS4 Slim costs $250 new.

Well when I was at the store, I've been tossing the idea around of getting one. As I don't have a 4k screen just yet, its partially silly but I will be getting a 4k TV I'd expect in the next year so partially not silly to be ready. Anyways wondering through the electronics section I stumbled upon a Open Box PS4 Pro for $280.99. Well at that price was like ok something has to be missing, wrong with it, just something doesn't seem right. Asked the guy and he said yeah its all checked and that before re-packaged and placed on display. He said nothing to loose just return if it doesn't work out or something is wrong. So took a shot with it, so not only was it really cheap the store was also doing a 15% off + 5% off as well. So netted me a open boxed PS4 Pro for $250 and some change.

Well got out to my car and figured, I should just look in the box to double check and make sure everything is there. Low and behold someone did a switcher-roo. An old, uncleaned PS4 with god knows what on it was sitting in the box. So get it back in the back walk back into the store and mention this to the service desk. So things are set in motion to get one of the other PS4 Pro's in the store brought up to the front. Couple people come up, one of them lifts the box and said yeah no way that is a PS4 Pro without even looking in it. Couple others come up with security and start asking questions. Like when did you buy it... well bought it not more than 10 min ago. So the security guy is writing down the information on the console, and was going to run back and nab the person that did the switcher-roo via the video feeds and transaction times from the previous day. Couple others come up and bring the newly boxed console and said so sorry about this. It shouldn't of happened. I was like no problem, not your fault, just really wanted to bring this to your attention vs trying to re-package it up again and cause more issues.

In the end I got the newly sealed PS4 Pro for $250 out the door. Target honored the price that the open boxed item was with the new console. :thup:

Damn good deal!
I've played mine so little due to no interest in the PS4 exclusive titles, but one game I found to be great was Ratchet and Clank. It's $15 at Walmart right now. Very beautiful looking game, and pretty fun to boot.

Damn good deal!
I've played mine so little due to no interest in the PS4 exclusive titles, but one game I found to be great was Ratchet and Clank. It's $15 at Walmart right now. Very beautiful looking game, and pretty fun to boot.

Yeah I play mine actually a decent amount. Its not more so the PS4 exclusive titles but the fact that its on the couch and relaxing. Plus all the free-be games on PSN that are actually half way decent it seems like an almost never ending amount of games to play. I actually play my PS4 and PC more than my Xbox One. Though I do still have love for my Xbox One for special games.

that's awesome, congratulations on the deal!

Thanks. I know still target has the 15% off on things so you can get a new one for $340 right now, still a great deal considering it just came out a month ago.

Sorry I'm 3, almost 4 weeks late here, but congrats, when you said security started questioning you I thought that was going in a very different direction ("Yeah, you had it out in your car alright. And the old PS4 was just in the box, yeah sure.")

Damn if only we had Targets up here. I'm still upset over the fact that they got rid of Zellers and then pull out of Canada :-/

For that price, I'd buy a PS4 too! And I don't really like consoles all that much!!

Back