• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Secondary video card hotter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm still curious if it's serial or parallel, about the only thing that would answer all your problems in one nice simple answer. Make sure your GPU block is like the one on the right from the post above, there won't be a fitting or anything, just not machined all the way through. It wouldn't surprise me if you just got sent the wrong block by accident. Stranger things have happened, and if you did then all is an easy fix and you will have a better setup also, parallel FTW.

I'm still curious if it's serial or parallel, about the only thing that would answer all your problems in one nice simple answer. Make sure your GPU block is like the one on the right from the post above, there won't be a fitting or anything, just not machined all the way through. It wouldn't surprise me if you just got sent the wrong block by accident. Stranger things have happened, and if you did then all is an easy fix and you will have a better setup also, parallel FTW.

Deja vu. We've had this discussion before and correction, it's parallel that has the biggest temp difference. I think I need to retire water cooling at this rate.

EDIT: I assumed that the EK bridge (like my Aquacomputer bridge) was the same for both parallel and series installation. With a plug that would screw in to a threaded area of the channel between the two card ports on the right hand channel of the block. This would allow you to change the configuration . It would seem that is not the case. Look through the fitting holes to see if the right hand one goes all the way through from the top fitting to the bottom fitting. If this is the case then you have a parallel bridge and you have to set it up like the one on the left.
sli.JPG

Last edited:
Both blocks are the exact same. The difference is only where you hook the input. And in the case of the right one there ABSOLUTELY Has to be a plug in the channel between the cards so that the water does not bypass the cards. If you did not install the supplied fitting then do so.

I think your mis-understanding my question. I'm not talking about the GPU blocks, but the connector block between them, there is a difference in serial and parallel like the picture you posted, but it has nothing to do with a plug, it's how it is made at the factory, and mistakes happen, they may have marked it serial but it's a parallel block, and this woudl solve all his problems. There is no plug, it's how the block is machined, it either has the flow through so you can run them in parallel or it was made as a serial block. The only plug is to stop water from flowing out of the block. Look at this picture.

3gpu2.jpg

3gpu3.jpg

This was a serial block, as can be read from the machining from EK, but I wanted parallel, so I had to drill out the areas marked in yellow so I could have the block the way I wanted. There was no special plug to make it a serial or parallel, it's how it's made from the factory. Now I'm asking if he checked to make sure the block he received from EKWB is in fact serial, cause of how he has it plumbed it you might think it's serial, but if it's a parallel block plumbed for serial use it will screw up temperatures as he is having problems with temperatures, I woudl try and take the easiest route first. Also his block is blcack so you can't see through it like you can acrylic, so it begs the question to be asked, did EK send him the wrong block, or Performance PCs get the order wrong, or was the packaging marked wrong.

You were adding while I was editing and we came up with the same thing. Cool huh?

BTW, Nice setup!

Back