• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU water block not fitting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TurboTD04

Hello there im completely new to water cooling but have just started putting my new rig together and have come up against a problem. I ordered a aqua computer RX 480 block that i thought was going to fit my Asus Radeon card but as the pictures show it doesn't fit. Is this because the card cant be watercooled or that aqua computer haven't tested it on this card? Or am i doing something wrong.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender[1].jpg
FullSizeRender[2].jpg
IMG_3189.JPG
IMG_3190.JPG

Thanks

Can you post the exact model # of the block you ordered as well as the model # of the gpu. The AIB partners have the discretion to modify the pcb on their cards so you have to match the block to your specific card as three is various blocks available to suit the different pcb layouts.

The waterblock you bought is for a reference design PCB.
Your graphics card is NOT a reference design PCB, it will NOT fit a waterblock unless it is specifically made for your model of GPU.

Alphacool is your best bet for getting a waterblock for your GPU, but you might have to send it to them if it isn't listed at the link below.
http://www.hwconfig.com/waterblock-finder

A reference PCB looks like this for the RX 480:
AMD-Radeon-RX-480-8GB-GDDR5_PCB_54228.jpg

Thanks for the reply and will i actually get one for free if i send it to them?

Thanks for the reply and will i actually get one for free if i send it to them?

You'll have to contact them through the form and find out.
If it is not a GPU they have seen before, yes you get a free one.

Also, what car do you drive? I know the TD04 is on a lot of Subaru models.

I checked the EK site as well and there is not a compatible block there either.

Not good. Thank you for taking the time to look, i have also been looking now that i know that not all of them are compatible and im having no luck either. I have sent a request to alphacool so we will see what they say.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what car do you drive? I know the TD04 is on a lot of Subaru models.

Well im half way through a project on a classic mini that has a toyota starlet engine in and i have upgraded the turbo on that to a TD04. So yeah thats my name on a few forums ha the turbo i bought did used to be on a scooby though, would like one myself one day! Are you into cars then ATMINSIDE?

Hope they can help you out!

That Mini sounds like an awesome project!!

Yeah, I'm a car guy as well as a PC guy. Currently drive a 2015 WRX Limited 6MT.

Back