• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

josa

Hi

Need some help please.

I have the following:
X99E-ITX/ac USB 3.1 Intel Motherboard. BIOS 57MOXE10014
Cooler Master RC-1200-KKN1 Cosmos 2 USB 3.0, Hinged Side Panel, Ultra Full Tower Black
Corsair (CP-9020084-UK) RMi Series RM1000i ATXEPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Gold 1000W Power Supply Unit
Kingston 32GB (16GB x2) DDR4 2400MHz Non ECC RAM Memory DIMM
Intel i7-5820K Extreme Hex Core CPU Processor 3.30GHz, 15MB Cache, 140W, Socket 2011-V3, 28 Lanes PCI Express Generation 3
Samsung 2.5-Inch 1 TB 850 EVO Solid State Drive
Zotac GC-XNGTX974, 4GB nVidia GeForce GTX 970 PCI-e 3.0 VGA Card
LG 16X BLU-Ray- DVD Writer
Windows 10 Pro

When I switch on I get no signal to VDU.
All the fans power up ok.
I have tested all the parts on another PC and all work fine. The only thing I have not tested is the CPU but I would get a beep error if faulty!
I have had a guy check my setup to make sure its connected up ok.
Motherboad replaced but get the same issue.
heard from someone that might be a compatability between motherboard and nVidia GeForce GTX 970 series.

thanks
josa:bang head

Possibly. Is there anyway you can update the bios of your board? Also check and see if there is a bios for your gpu (found on respective websites for mobo and gpu).

Do you have another, any old one will do, PCI-e video card you can try in place of the Nvidia GTX 970?

Are you sure your motherboard has beep error code speaker? Many do not and you have to add your own.

I would certainly remove the CPU and check for bent socket pins. Shine a light on the naked socket and look at it from different angles.

Hi

Tried 3 other cards same result. I have a speaker installed no beep errors. Cpu removed twice checked out ok also the pins are on the mother board all are fine.
My graphics card works fine on another PC.

thanks
josa:bang head

Again, did you update your bios to the latest version?

Edit: you can't without a screen.. hmm...

I have now sent the CPU to intel to check if faulty they will replace.

thanks all

Back