• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX 1080 Over heating issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mokrunka

Anyone had this problem with the VRMs overheating yet? Both my brother and me bought 1080s around the same time from EVGA (SC version), and we both get random shutdowns when the cards heat up.

I am thinking about bumping up to the 1080ti using their step up program, but now I'm wondering if there are issues with that card as well. Can anyone using them, especially for folding or other heat generating activities please stand up? :D

If you have, did you send the card back to nvidia for repair, or add the VRM pads, or...

Yeah, I checked it out, serial number checker says both our cards are up to date...

I would get the thermal pads and give them a try. I did that on mine just to be safe and the process is by no means hard. On top of that they give a really detailed set of instructions to walk you through the process.

Back