• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

850w P2 enough for Fury X CFX + 6700k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DefiantReaper

I am thinking it will be close but it will work.

I have the 6700k@ 4.8GHz with 1.4vcore

My fury is at stock speeds.

My only concern is that my system will be moved into my new hydra desk and will also be powering about 15 fans 3 fan controllers and a d5 pump as well as about 15ft of LEDS.

Thoughts?

More than enough, assuming the fans aren't running super high speed.

Nah they are like 1500 RPM (which I will most likely undervolt to 1000-1250rpm) as I have plenty of rad space for low rpms. 3x360 rads + 1x480 rad.

Glad to hear that I should be fine :D love my psu.

I should definitely avoid overclocking the gpu's though correct?

I think you'll be ok, depending on what the cpu/mb is drawing, based on my thinking that 2 fury x cards are somewhere near 600 watts in crossfire at default, full scream.
if the 6700k draws anything near what my 6800K draws at higher clocks you might be a little close to the line.

Last edited:
I run 8 fans, a d5, couple of led strips, 6700k @ 4.8GHz, 2 980tis overclocked, rgb mouse & keyboard. Running heaven/firestrike/timespy, the max I measured from the socket was 690 watts. In gaming much less, in the 500s, depending on the game. I think the Furys use slightly more power, but you have a little room to play there.

I have the 1200w P2, they are great PSUs.

I think you'll be ok, depending on what the cpu/mb is drawing, based on my thinking that 2 fury x cards are somewhere near 600 watts in crossfire at default, full scream.
if the 6700k draws anything near what my 6800K draws at higher clocks you might be a little close to the line.

More like 600 while OC'd and benchmarking.
6700K power draw is nowhere near a 6800K.

I wouldn't worry about running an OC.

But could I if I wanted a slight overclock? Like say 1125 core leaving memory at 500? I'm sure it wouldn't require much more voltage...

BUT that's only if I was 100% sure my psu could handle it

But could I if I wanted a slight overclock? Like say 1125 core leaving memory at 500? I'm sure it wouldn't require much more voltage...

BUT that's only if I was 100% sure my psu could handle it

As I said, I wouldn't worry about it if you want to OC.

Back