• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many fans do you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Thought this would be fun. So how many fans do you have total in your case?

I'll start off:

6x 140mm Phanteks Case
8x 120mm BitFenix in Push/pull on my 480 rad

Total: 14

Not including the 3x 90mm on my 1070 and 1x 140mm in my psu.

A mear 7 (8 with temporary air cpu) ...

3 top 120 going 140
2 front 140
1 rear 140
1 bottom 120
1 120 (temp air for cpu)

Sizes subject to change in the next week or so depending on new/replacement cpu cooling, push pull may also come into play on a rad , etc ...

Last edited:
don't need much running open blocked up on mobo box you could run one underneath optional, 2/3 on d14 80s on 1060 and psu fan...but case wise throw as much in there as you can you could run a bunch and still be under a few amps it's minuscule.

12 in total.

2 x 200mm front
6 x 120mm top (radiator)
1 x 120mm bottom
2 x 120mm rear
1 x 140mm sidepanel

8 total in a Thermaltake Core x9

5 120mm Yate Loon high (rads/exhaust)
1 140mm Yate Loon high (exhaust)
1 120mm no name (exhaust on bottom for drives)
1 200mm Thermaltake (intake)

14 total on my homemade bench table.

9 140mm Yate Loon high (Rad)
1 120mm Corsair ML pro (Mobo back cooling)
3 120mm Cougar Vortex (Spot Cooling)
1 92mm CM Blade Master (Ram Cooling)

Dang. I thought I had the most fans, lol. Even with 14 fans my case is relatively silent. I remember the days using the Vantec Tornados :eek: If you had 2 you were in the big leagues. If you had more you had a hearing problem.

Dang. I thought I had the most fans, lol. Even with 14 fans my case is relatively silent. I remember the days using the Vantec Tornados :eek: If you had 2 you were in the big leagues. If you had more you had a hearing problem.

I can say that my build is not even near quite. Between the open chassis sitting less than 2 feet away at head level and the fact that I run everything at 100% it can be quite loud.

I have 5 fans total counting the CPU cooler.

2x Noctura ippc-3000 140mm fans (intake/rad fans, loop not installed right now though, so intake fans)
1x NZXT 140mm FZ fan (top exhaust)
1x NZXT 120mm FZ fan (back exhaust)
Whatever fan comes with the 212 Evo on the cooler.

They were loud had 2 on a TR120

had 21 in my core x9 build lol 18 on 3x360mm rads push pull 2 extra intake fans plus a rear exhaust 22 counting psu fan but it never turns on lol the perk of overkill psu with my current Paean build I only have 10 counting the psu but it might go up 3 more if I add another rad.

Currently 7, not including the fans on my GPU or the fan in my power supply.

2x Corsair AF140L front intake
2x Cougar CF-V12HB bottom intake
1x NZXT FN140-RB (more airflow to the graphics card)
2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15's (radiator pull fans/exhaust fans)

Had 11 fans in my old case, which was maybe overkill for the heat levels produced by the old system.

11 (including psu and gfx card)

2x 120mm corsair SP120 rgb front intake
1x 120mm corsair SP120 rgb rear exhuast
2x 120mm corsair SP120L top exhaust
2x 120mm arctic (sit between hdd cages and gpu)
1x 140mm phanteks bottom intake
1x 140mm psu bottom intake
2x gpu fans

Last edited:
wow, you guys have some serious fan counts! I think the new build will have maybe 7-8?? 5 on the rad's, MAYBE one in the front above the 240 rad, one in the bottom, and MAYBE one in the back. But not sure on that yet.

I don't have any fans, no one likes me :(....oh wait you mean PC fans, let me see here :)
26 CPU fans (16 CPU's)
40 case fans (10 cases)
15 GPU fans (8 GPU's, 1 GPU only has 1 fan)

This between 10 cases

Back