• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is There A Free VM Program Out There?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Just wanted to ask if there is a free Virtual Machine program out there so I can test my latest Windows 7 SP1 slipstream disc I used to have VM ware years ago but miss placed my disc, so in todays day and age of there's usually a shareware or freeware program of something can anyone name me a good VM program if there is one.

Many thanks

Virtualbox for sure. MS Virtual PC, 2004 and 2007 were free, id imagine new versions have come out

Indeed, if you have Win10 Pro you can turn on the Hyper-V role/feature and use that as well

In my experience, the network interfaces are a bit clumsy for normal VM use in Hyper-V. It's not terrible, but it's a bit of a pita to get a NAT connection going IIRC. It's the same interface as Hyper-V installed on a server as a pure hypervisor though.

Back