• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After a week off, let's get an update.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I'm going to start by saying that I hope all of you had a happy and safe holiday season.

We have a new member folding with us this week. :welcome: to langer1972.

We are #8 in the world with the chance of being #7 in about 2 months. We have the time if we keep our legs in the race. We are chasing Hardware.no (2.1 months), NVIDIA (6.5 months) and EVGA (7.7 years). Top 5 in the world is in our grasps. We just have to do it.

Ave PPD per team:
Overclockers.com - 702.5 million.
Hardware.no - 476.8 million.
NVIDIA - 60.2 million.
EVGA - 531.1 million.

You can see we are out-producing these three teams by a considerable amount. It's a testament to our sister teams that we have so much ground to regain to pass them. Well done guys but we are here to win! :p

The team has 43 active folders as of this writing. We have a team average of 16.3 million ppd for all active members. The folks kicking some *** in the cancer killing business are:

Top 21 are earning 1 million ppd.
Top 12 are earning 10 million ppd.
Top 6 are earning 20 million ppd.
Top 5 are earning 30 million ppd.
Top 4 are earning 40 million ppd.
Top 2 are earning 170 million ppd.
Top 1 is earning 260 million ppd.

If you're looking to be included in these groups, minimum purchase is 1 million ppd average. You get there and your contribution will be mentioned above. Back in the days of CPU folding, 1 million is where you'd see guys like @HayesK and @Holdolin . These days with GPU folding, I think an NVIDIA RTX 3060 will get you a million ppd. (I could be wrong so look for corrections below.) It's not nearly as much as it used to be and 1 million ppd is obtainable to most gameres these days. We welcome you to join in.

For fun, I was looking at the number of positions of upward movement for team members. Our newest folder has moved up 500 spots in a week. DeputyKovacs has moved up 72 spots in a week. Belnarlo has moved up 49 spots since last week. Many others have moved up too. The higher you get the harder this is to do so it's not a metric I particularly love to post but it can provide some amusement especially when starting out. Well done.

Individual milestones are:
Lowryder has just earned 700 million. Lowryder and slorch should consider a run-off to the next milestone. You are close enough in time to the next milestone. a .2 week difference. What is 0.2 of a week?

DeputyKovacs has earned his FIRST 100 million! WOOT! DeputyKovacs will hit his next milestone waaaaayyyyy before the others in this milestone. Leading by example. Great job.

moz_21 is all alone in the 50 million milestone but won't be there for long. moz_21 is a great example of good solid production without a big budget. Well done sir.

Our newest member has earned 200k over the last few days. Stay with it and join in on the forums. We love that you're here.

That'll bring this update to a close. Sorry that I didn't warn you all that I wasn't going to update last week. It wasn't planned, I just didn't get to it. Appologies.

If you hit a milestone since the last update, please let us know so that we can share in your glorious rise in the world of F@H. We want to know.

Until next week, Build, Borg, Recruit.
Post magically merged:

Update: langer1972 is @Flamethrower1972 . Welcome aboard! Feel free to comment, ask questions and even trash talk as long as we keep that within reason. Find your production level and challenge those around you. That can be fun unless you're me. Every time I did that I got whooped. I mean soundly too. @WhitehawkEQ still hasn't let up on me. That's what I get for poking the bear. ;) Good fun.
Post magically merged:

I also see that my production is dropping off. I'd better see to that tonight when I get home.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the days of -bigadv, when 1U-4P supermicro servers full of Opteron 6180's were my fleet. I had my rack in our closet which was just far enough away that the servers made some wonderful background noise to sleep to. While it's always great to see new blood, I like the occasional stroll down memory lane. To think that for me at least, this all started one day I had just logged out of the game I was playing and was wondering 'gee, I have a pretty powerful computer. wonder what I might do with it aside from game', to which I asked big daddy Google. 15 years, 10s of thousands of WUs and billions of points later here I am. Surrounded with a great bunch of folks just doin this thing we do. Totally amaze guys. Really. WTF one and all :comp:

Update: langer1972 is @Flamethrower1972 . Welcome aboard! Feel free to comment, ask questions and even trash talk as long as we keep that within reason. Find your production level and challenge those around you. That can be fun unless you're me. Every time I did that I got whooped. I mean soundly too. @WhitehawkEQ still hasn't let up on me. That's what I get for poking the bear. ;) Good fun.
You got that right Don :rofl: :thup: :chair:

If you're looking to be included in these groups, minimum purchase is 1 million ppd average. You get there and your contribution will be mentioned above. Back in the days of CPU folding, 1 million is where you'd see guys like @HayesK and @Holdolin . These days with GPU folding, I think an NVIDIA RTX 3060 will get you a million ppd. (I could be wrong so look for corrections below.) It's not nearly as much as it used to be and 1 million ppd is obtainable to most gameres these days. We welcome you to join in.
Don, GTX 1080's get about 1 million to over 2 million depending on WU in Windows, I don't know about the RTX 3060 but RTX 3080 get about 6-9 million depending on WU in Windows.

To clarify, trash talk is only meant to "spice" it up. Create a little fun between friends. It's important to keep it friendly as the fame and glory don't pay that much. ;)

Hey, Happy New Year everyone. Thanks Don for the intro in a previous post, I only just joined the forums yesterday. Looking forward to helping out with some ppd for the team. Just built a new rig but actually spend most of my time away from home for work so leave her folding while I'm away. Nice to meet you all ;)

Hey, Happy New Year everyone. Thanks Don for the intro in a previous post, I only just joined the forums yesterday. Looking forward to helping out with some ppd for the team. Just built a new rig but actually spend most of my time away from home for work so leave her folding while I'm away. Nice to meet you all ;)
Welcome DeputyKovacs to the team.

Yes, :welcome: to the team & forums @DeputyKovacs !

Back