• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WARNING-Ad Aware Removal By Malware!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like a dogfight is brewing between the Spies and the anti-Spies. What fun!! :D :D :D (as long as they don't mess with my computer).

Good find blebs,

Wedo

Wedo said:
(as long as they don't mess with my computer).

:mad: Ooh, now this really p***es me off! Not you wedo;) . This little fight that seems to be brewing. As long as they don't mess with my computer? OUR COMPUTERS ARE THE BATTLE GROUND! I install ad aware because I'm tired of all these programs I don't want hogging all my system resources. Then these people go out and try to disable ad aware so that they can hog up my system resources again?! Ooh, if I only had the complete lack of self control and the money for airplane ticket to the Slovok Republic, I'd go over there and kick some a**!

Lavasoft has released a new reference update that will detect and eliminate Radlight as well as not allow the deletion of Ad Aware!

A new referencefile (108-23-04-02) has been released today.

New in this update: Radlight detection and removal.
Please read here http://www.lavasoft.nu/latest.html, why we consider it malware

The udpate (108-23-04-02) can be downloaded by using the RefUpdate utility or directly from our downloadsite at: http://www.lavasoft.nu/downloads.html

Ad aware can no longer be removed by the current Radlight
version, even if it is installed in the default location.

--------------
Ann - Christine Åkerlund
Team Lavasoft

you know, im REALLY ****ed off. im gonna start cursing in a minute. im REALLY careful about what i install and i just ran an adaware scan, and BOOM!
4 proggies.
im gonna open fire in these spyware companies home offices i swear to god!
GRRRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
i feel better now:)
-Malakai

Malakai said:
you know, im REALLY ****ed off. im gonna start cursing in a minute. im REALLY careful about what i install and i just ran an adaware scan, and BOOM!
4 proggies.
-Malakai

like those bastages who blow up abortion clinics because they are prolife???

jbell said:

like those bastages who blow up abortion clinics because they are prolife???
Bwahahaha!
im just kidding. but being pro-spyware u deserve some automatic weapons fire from me.
lol
-Malakai

Malakai said:
4 proggies.
-Malakai
Malakai, what did Ad Aware find this time around?
I ask because lately, it seems to find some false positives or things that you really do need. I hope they get that straightened out real soon.

Back