• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pings on ISDN?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilverNBlack

Registered
How are pings on an ISDN as opposed to a 56k connection. On my 56k I am currently getting pings in the 2-300's in Medal of Honor and RTCW. I just got the bad news from PacBell today stating DSL is still about 3 months out. If ISDN can push those pings down into the 100-low 200 range then I will be happy. Packet loos is also a big prob on 56k, so I am also wondering if that is better with ISDN. If I am correct I have to have 2 lines in my house to use ISDN. Sorry for the sort of unorthidox post here, but I am asking as I am thinking. If the ping can be lower, what is a good ISDN modem to buy (probably USR)? I am greatful for any input.

I don't have ISDN but I do know some people that have it and it really depends on your provider and the servers routing, there are good and bad ISP's as ISDN providers. Some pings were as low as 30's and 165ms being the worst ones depending :)

Back