• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ISP Idle Enforced.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mi6

Hey, I have a question.
Apparently my ISP is enforcing a Idle disconnect, I talked to one of the techs and he told me with my router there’s a way to make my router ping the out side so I do not get disconnected? I have the Linksys BEFSR41 and on the main menu I see “Connect on Demand: Max Idle Time: XXX” Were XXX is the time in minutes.
I also see “Keep Alive: Redial Period: 30Sec.” I was wondering what option I should turn on so I do not get disconnected every hour of idle…

keep alive.... it keep the connection alive (up)
Dial on demand... only connects when you try to access something that is not on your network...

Choose Keep alive....

Oh the Keep Alive Sething its set to 30sec what would be a good time? in secs ? and so it dosent slow down my speed?

that setting (30 sec) is for the redial.... so if the connection is dropped it will wait 30s and try again....

but you toled me to enable keep alive? and in my router option its called Keep Alive: Redial Period 30secs if thats not the option then what is?

oh ya and HEY! nice resume = )

Back