• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controllers - NZXT Sentry LX vs. Aerocool V12XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Root5098

Because I have some quite high db fans, I've been thinking of buying a Fan Controller (I previously had one but I tried to be silly and hook up LEDs to it and blew the capacitors xD - It was only £12.99 though)

I've been looking around and I've found these two that I like:
NZXT Sentry LX
and the:

Aero Cool V12XT

(click name for link)

But I can't decide between the both..

Any opinions / reviews?
Also, I don't suppose anybody has a HAF 932 or HAF 922 with either of these fan controllers and they wouldn't mind taking a quick picture?

Seems like more of a cooling thread than cases, but:

I'd go with Aerocool over NZXT. The Sentry line has poor PWM circuits that cause noise from many models of fans. The Aerocool Touch series seems to be fine. Personally I'd go with the Touch 2000 over the V12XT, since it has a brushed alu face and reads all speeds/temps at once. The Aerocool's are 6w per channel though. That enough for your needs?

I don't really have any noise problems with the NZXT and any fans but my main gripe is about the battery life. It needs a little 3v battery to keep any settings saved and it needs to be replaced way to often (for me at least). I would say it needs replacing about once every month and a half to two months. The other thing is the viewing angle - its pretty small. You have to stand almost right in front of it to clearly read it. I don't have any experience with Aerocool but I won't be using the NZXT for my rebuild next year.

I waited to reply to this....
NEXT Sentry....
Didn't control all my fans at they're max speeds. Random temperature warning beeps when temperatures are fine.
I have 5 fans 3 noctua nf-p12s that run fine and 2 nf-p14s that run at 900 rpms. I would set it at max rpm (1100-1200) and it would go back down to 900 with in mins (On all 5 controllers). About a week before it died the screen went dead with only a little part of the left side lit. Turned computer off and back on made it work agian. About 2 months later from ownership i turn on my computer and no screen with no fans spinning. Replaced battery and unplug-plug didn't work so i just yanked it out(was pissed) and now its just sitting with ripped wires. I know it has a 1 year warranty but i spent a good amount of time setting it up several times.

It looked nice but it didn't last. :( Went back to my good old Speedfan.

i have the NZXT sentry II (i know its not the same as the LX) but i havent had any problems with mine. i am running 6 fans with mine. i keep the sound off so cant say much about the beeping issues

Back